Used Cooking Oil: What to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if used turkey fryer oil can be used for people who make their own biodiesel?

We've got what must be a 5 gallon, or maybe even 10 gallon, not sure, jug of used oil and I hate to just throw it out or take it to AutoZone to dump in their waste oil container.

Anyone in the Chicagoland area and want this stuff? Free to good home.

Chuck

Don't pour it down a hole in the ground behind your garage--unless you want to attract mice. Happened to me about 15 years ago.

YES.
Any type of cooking oil can be used to make Bio Deisel, just you have to find them to get them to collect it. You can always store it safely until you find someone to take it off your hands. I dont think there is a expiration on how long your used cooking oil can sit before it goes bad into the "not able to make it" category.

I also know that there are people who have burners made for smelting down metals to make ingots for future casting projects that use used cooking oil. Supposedly they can smelt down Iron, but they usually due aluminum and copper with their bio-burner.

Originally Posted By: chucky2
I hate to just throw it out or take it to AutoZone to dump in their waste oil container.

That would probably ruin the whole tank of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back