Frantz Filter Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone bought the actual filter elements they sell on Frantz's website? I've been using Scott 1000 rolls and was wondering how different they are (if any) from the "genuine" filters.

Also, how tightly do you guys pack your rolls in? Do you put the canister on the ground and use the palm of your hand and thumb to squish it in, especially around the perimeter of the roll? Or does yours go in easier? The tighter you pack it, the better it filters right?

I have an original Frantz element. It's encased in a cardboard tube. The MG's that I bought also had tp-like elements that were inside a tube. Some have tied the tp roll in an old nylon stocking to compress it and make sliding it in easier.

The Frantz TP is not encased in a cardboard tube. It looks just like a regular TP that fits inside the Frantz canister perfectly. Just use your knucle to push it in. Make sure you put the metal rod in first. Otherwise, it would be very difficult to get the TP out of the canister once it is inside because it fits very tightly. The Frantz TP is very packed. I never use other brands of TP.

I just installed a Frantz oil bypass filter (my third Frantz filter) on my 1995 Toyota Tercel with 280K miles on the original engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back