Super Tech Carburetor and Fuel Injector Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some, and it does have a strong amine smell. I ran it at 4x the concentration recommended and wound up getting a check engine light for catalyst system efficiency, which was completely my fault.

I've done so many things to clean out my engine that I can't really point to any one specific thing (except Auto RX) that has made a difference, but I'm fairly certain that my car runs even better now than it did before I overdosed it on the Super Tech stuff.

I assume the first set of numbers is the range of % of ingredients. If so it can vary alot. But the Kerosene is at least 90%.

For the price, the ST carb cleaner is the best I've used. I've noticed that the stuff I can get from Canadian Tire and Gunk are basically the same while the SuperTech stuff is more like the CRC stuff.

I agree with rg200amp - stick the the better fuel injector cleaners when adding to the tank. However, the spray carb cleaners,brake cleaners and stuff like that I'd go with the less expensive Supertech stuff.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/40646_1.pdf

Made by Warren Distribution

Note the 3rd listed ingredient. Polyolefin amine. 1-5%

Is this similar to PolyEther Amine? Does it clean as well?

POA is nowhere near the detergent that PEA is. Not to mention that the POA can actually cause build up . Also the percentage of the detergent is so tiny that it is like using regular gas out of the pump.

Spend a bit more and get Gumout Regane. It actually has at least 20-30% PEA. PEA is the best detergent to clean injectors as well as intake and valves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back