I'm going to try out Enviromax Plus fuel catalyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I bit the bullet, and have become a member.
Enviromax sent me some sample bottles to pass out to people.
One guy I gave a bottle to is a hardcore skeptic like you guys. He calls everything snake oil. But he agreed to try it out anyway.

Five minutes after he put the dose into his tank (1/2 ounce to 20 gallons) and filled up, he got on the freeway and then called me from his cellphone ranting and raving about how much better his throttle response is now. Instantaneous effect in his 2005 Trailblazer. That's great, but what I really care about is this: will it really improve mileage up to 35%?

*yawn*

I doubt effects of any one additive can be felt that fast.

If it works for you though, run with it.

I'll stick to SI-1, or amsoil and realize that they are for routine maint and keeping things clean rather then "improving" mpg.

Well, if you were correct I would not be using 131 and FP plus.

Do not knock products until you use them.

Then again all the products on this forum are not used by ANY dealer/mfg.

I received my order yesterday. I will run a few tanks before I begin posting the gas mileage. The two vehicles used will be a '07 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5 speed that my son puts about 600 miles per week driving to a from law school... 80% highway, and my '07 Explorer 4.0L, which I put about 200 miles per week 80% local miles will also be part of the test. These are the two most consistent miles per week and routes of my families vehicles.

Now I know the weather is changing...possible fuel mixture changes (I use Shell) and probably less use of the A/C, but I can only do what I can without going crazy. This is for info purposes only. I know it does not meet the strict testing that many of you require..but that is all I can or want to do. If there is something positive here it should show up.

The Subaru has been getting between 28.5 and 29.5 MPG on this route which changes very little. My Explorer has been getting between 16.5 and 18.0 MPG on my routine. I check mileage every tank

Quote:
Now I know the weather is changing...possible fuel mixture changes (I use Shell) and probably less use of the A/C, but I can only do what I can without going crazy. This is for info purposes only. I know it does not meet the strict testing that many of you require..but that is all I can or want to do. If there is something positive here it should show up.

That's all you can do. We're not SWRI here. The only thing I try and do, if convenient, is close as many doors to objections in the testing process. Explode all bombs before hand (I tend to do that in excess..but) In the end, you offer it up "FWIW" and let others decide on the validity of your findings.

I have run numerous tank fulls with the prescribed dose in both vehicles..after running three tank fulls each to allow the product to do whatever it is supposed to do.

The Subaru has not seen any change in MPG, while the Explorer has seen a 1-1.5 mpg increase.

The company says if one does not see a noticeable increase in mileage to DECREASE the amount of additive by their specified amount. I have just started doing so and will report back.

Hey Tenderloin:
I live in Rancho Cucamonga. I'd be willing to test the product in my car! I'd trade you an equivalent amount of Neutra 131, Soy Ultra, LC, FP+, or various cleaners I've gotten deals on (e.g., Regane, Techron Concentrate, V-Power)--or even some GC!

All in the interest of science. I have a 1995 Saab 900S non-turbo 4 banger that gets driven a consisten route daily to the Metrolink station, and a set weekend route!

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Well, I bit the bullet, and have become a member.
Enviromax sent me some sample bottles to pass out to people.
One guy I gave a bottle to is a hardcore skeptic like you guys. He calls everything snake oil. But he agreed to try it out anyway.

Five minutes after he put the dose into his tank (1/2 ounce to 20 gallons) and filled up, he got on the freeway and then called me from his cellphone ranting and raving about how much better his throttle response is now. Instantaneous effect in his 2005 Trailblazer. That's great, but what I really care about is this: will it really improve mileage up to 35%?

I am callin [censored]!*******************************

on 8/31/08 at around 4:30pm you post "if it works, I am going to become a dealer"

THEN

you post on 9/2/08 at around 10:45 am you say you became a dealer, and they sent you sample bottles to hand out.

so in the matter of around what? 42 hours!!! you found out you think this stuff works, you applied to become a dealer, they approved you to be a dealer, they set up sending you sample bottle, they shipped the sample bottles, you recieved the sample bottles. you gave one to your friend, he tried it and said it works great. ALL IN THE MATTER OF AROUND 42 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LESS THEN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!

AND THEN WE HAVE- after 5 minutes of putting the stuff in his tank, it worked great.
in 5 minutes he is still useing the untreated fuel that was allready still in his fuel injectors, fuel rail, fuel lines, fuel filter, more fuel lines, and the fuel pump!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU DOING TROLLING THIS FORUM AND POSTING MEANINGLESS PROPAGANDA

His spirit lingers.
shocked2.gif
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH *high pitched ghost noises*

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
AllenWalker is long gone, rg. He was sent packing awhile ago.

but why?

You can't view the threads that he trolled on due to the mods deleting his flaming. You can see the aftermath by putting AllenWalker as the search words and not the user name. That shows up due to him being quoted. His final post was just plain nonsense.

There was no reason to tolerate his antics. Simple as that. No one expects "Stepford posters" ..but obvious trolls or flamers won't be long tolerated here. It's just too much work for no good reason. If you're not playing nice ..and/or bringing something useful (or harmlessly entertaining) to the discussion ..what good are you to the board?

UPDATE

We have run many thousands of miles on both vehicles. I have decreased the amount of Enviromax to the recommended alternate dosage of 1/2 ounce per 15 gallons of fuel.

The Subaru has increased it's mileage on the alternate dosage about .5 MPG to a total 2 MPG increase before we started using Enviromax.

The Explorer has increased 1.5 -2.0 MPG over the standard dose...which showed no gains at all.

The weather has been similar.The gasoline has been Shell, but not sure of any formulation changes. The vehicles routes and speeds were as constant as we could without going overboard.

Not the most scientific test, but IMO this stuff does increase MPG. Driveability remained good.

At the alternate dosage of 1/2 ounce per 15 gallons of fuel, that works out to about 1440 gallons of fuel treated for a total delivered cost of $147 and change.

Ok so at 2 MPG increase that is what % mileage increase?
and what was the 1/2 ounce per 15 gallon cost?

in other words it cost how much to treat and how much gas is it saveing?

If it cost %2.00 to treat a tank but you save 1 gallons at say $3.50 gallon you come out ahead $1.50 per tank.

The Subaru gained about 7% MPG

The Explorer gained about 9%.

BTW In my previous post I stated the Explorer originally had not gained any MPG..It was the Subaru that originally did not gain any MPG under the standard doseage. I just reversed them..sorry.

The cost at the amount I bought works out to about 10 cents per gallon at the 1/2 ounce per 15 gallon rate. That is about 3% at $3.50 gallon.

Now again this is the alternate rate of 1/2 ounce per 15 gallons not the standard rate of 1/2 ounce per 10 gallons of fuel

hmm. interesting... some fuel additive i tried also give better result on mileage with less than recommended dosage.
May be due to good compression on engine and the computerized fuel injection.

I used this product for a while a few years ago. I have an in-law who is a dealer. I could show no gains from its use in any of our vehicles. Aside from that, the pyramid organizational structure of the company makes the stuff much more expensive than it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back