Mobil 1 Researchers debunk myths about Synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea yea; I'm sure asbestos manufacturers have tried debunking myths about cancer...
LOL.gif

Great links, Buster. The first video you linked is basically worthless. No proof, no examples, no nothing. But the second video was cool, and this video is "cool" too. Pun intended.
grin2.gif

Yikes, that is one hot turbo! That is one application I would not run a dino oil.

Vid #1 = bah, accurate, but bah..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nicrfe1370
Great links, Buster. The first video you linked is basically worthless. No proof, no examples, no nothing. But the second video was cool, and this video is "cool" too. Pun intended.
grin2.gif

Now that is one 'cool' video. We regularly get -20 here during winter.. that pour test was an eye opener. No dino, or semi-syn for that matter, in my winters :)

I would of liked to see the same comparison with PP5w30 in the -40 pour test.

At least it's not as inaccurate and contrived as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dEzY_nBD4g

Yet more inanity from Expert Village. Strangely I was unable to leave a comment. Maybe they have a built in filter that won't let you use the word "moron" or the phrase "that's not synthetic, that's a blend you idiot".

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: nicrfe1370
grin2.gif

Now that is one 'cool' video. We regularly get -20 here during winter.. that pour test was an eye opener. No dino, or semi-syn for that matter, in my winters :)

I would of liked to see the same comparison with PP5w30 in the -40 pour test.

Most good synthetics would have given you the same result.

does this mean that real synthetic oil will make my Chebby 6 babbit beater rod oil dipper last longer?

i love subtle implied advertising messages. worked well in Germany in the 1930's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back