Are Fram Air Filters "Bad", Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a Fram air filter for my '07 Expedition. Should I be worried (after I install it, that is
grin2.gif
)?
27.gif

Fram filters aren't bad at all - oil or air!

If they were as bad as people on this site said they were, roads would be littered with dead cars.

They aren't. Move along.....

I think their air filters are good. Consistent for the most part, that I've found, and they fit the airboxes most of the time. That seal seems to be a problem for me with other brands much more than Fram.

FRAM air filters are just fine and you can see what your getting. Their oil filters are a bit pricy for the quality and filtration media and you can't tell what your getting until you cut one open. I've used both without any issues though.

Originally Posted By: kingrob
They tend to fit better on my cars than the comparable Wix/STP's.

Didn't have any fit issues with my Wix air filter on my 08 GMC Crew. But Fram Air filters are very good as are AC delco's.

Funny thing is that the Fram and Wix air filters look identical but lucky enough for me cost the same. So I went with a Wix air filter.

Originally Posted By: gnet158
Originally Posted By: kingrob
They tend to fit better on my cars than the comparable Wix/STP's.

Didn't have any fit issues with my Wix air filter on my 08 GMC Crew. But Fram Air filters are very good as are AC delco's.

Funny thing is that the Fram and Wix air filters look identical but lucky enough for me cost the same. So I went with a Wix air filter.

+1 on the AC Delco air filters. Some may disagree, but the data show that is an excellent air filter.

As far as Fram goes, I have a lot of bad on their oil filters, but very good on BITOG when it comes to their air filters. I'd use a Fram if I couldn't get anymore AC's.

I'd use AC Delco (which says Denso all over it for my Toyota when I opened up the box), Fram, and Wix. I think they are all fine offerings.

I have run Fram air filters (and oil filters) with no issues ever. I would run a fram air filter with no worries at all

shocked2.gif

Quote:
and oil filters
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Me too.
wink.gif

Actually, in the used filter barrel by the waste oil furnace, I see about 90% Frams from our fleet (a mixed bag of mfrs/models/engines, all running Mobil 1 with extended OCI's). We typically get around 200K (although a couple Toyota p'ups got close to 300K) before the PA road salt gets 'em, and I've yet to see a problem.
27.gif

Just picked up a Fram air filter for my 2000 Accord. I opened the box to inspect it before I bought it and I was(am) surprised that it is identical to the Denso that I have in there now. It cost me around 12 bucks at WalMart vs. around $20 for the Denso online.

Many of us have slapped our heads and went "huh" when we inspect the aftermarket filters and find that a certain brand is exactly the same as the OEM version, just half the cost.

Since this is how a "high quality" Fram air filter for my truck is constructed, I'll pass.

The NAPA filter that I used was packed with twice as much filter media, and didn't need the little strips of glue to keep what was there in place.

This is lame. No thanks.

DSCF1266.jpg

^^^^^ Wow, that's a [censored]-eee looking filter. The glue was on the exposed side?

Personaly, I've never seen this glue(not this sloppy anyway!) on any air filter that I've used for my vehicles wheather the air filter be a FRAM or another MFG filter. One of the nice things about air filters is that you can open the box and see what your buying. If you don't like what you see then move on to the next brand.

Frankly I am more impressed with the construction of my FRAM Airhog than I am with K&N filters. Of course the paper filters should provide even better filtration. I'm sure your car will survive the application of a Fram filter. :2cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back