Pirelli P4 4 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local tire guy shared with me that they were noisy.

He steered me to some Bridgestone Turanza's that I really like. Top of the line Bridgestones but he knocked off $50/4 because he knew I was shopping for a mid-line tire.

The Pirelli's look good though. They are should work good in the rain.

Drew,
What vehicle are you installing the P4 on? I just installed them on my 04 Altima in size 205-65-16 which is what came on the 02-04...05-06 and even the new redesigned Altimas have 215-60-16. (17's are an option on all years that I mentioned). I like them OK! But, although their not noisy just yet, I've had quieter tires. They may get noisy as they age, who knows. The size Im using looks too narrow compared to other 205-65-16 tires. I was a little shocked when they were delivered from discounttiredirect. I could have installed 225-60-16 as my factory steel wheels are 6.5x16. But, Im only using them for the winter to save my 17 inch wheels/tires(after market) that I use in the summer.

Thus far they are decent riding and not too noisy, corner great and track straight. They seemed to balance well without having to return to the shop for a rebalance. I love the tread design and according to readers surveys, for an all season tire, they do well in the snow/ice which is what I'am looking for. The side wall design is very plain looking and the tread/carcus of the tire doesn't have a square sholder look like a performance tire. The P4's score high in testing and readers surveys but you may want to actually see your size before purchacing them. I sure that some sizes look different.

I've had these for 15k miles on a Buick LeSabre, 205/70-15.

They are a superb tire! They corner well, grip well, ride well, and are wearing acceptably.

Char Baby's comments about balance are right on.

The only thing is the noise. These tires like to communicate about the road surface you're on. If you don't mind the noise they're a great buy.

These would go on my 94 Corolla, size 185/65-14. My ultimate concern is snow and ice performance and they are the top rated tire in their category on Tirerack. But I'm also looking at the Tripletread as well.

Drew,
Have you looked at the ratings on the tirerack for the Tripletreads? And the price? I have, and I think that they're even more noisy the the P4's. I don't really like to use the word noisy. I like to think as them as more "audioable". Some tires, you can here more than others but, I really haven't had a tire in a long time that was really noisy. I like the look of the Tripletreads but Im not as crazy about the price for my application as I was with other tires. In your size, the price may be a bit closer than they were with mine. I also like the way the Tripletreads look on all of the vehicles that I've seen them on.

Tripletreads do seem to be rated very highly. I have heard about the "noise" issue. Tripletreads are also quite heavy compared to others (something else to ponder when tire shopping).

Yokohama Avid TRZ seem to be very well received on the Toyota Corolla. Many Toyota dealerships are stocking them in their service centers as replacements on customers cars(Corolla, Camry, Highlander, Sienna). Great reviews from those whom I've spoaken with. Wonderful in the snow, they say!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yokohama Avid TRZ seem to be very well received on the Toyota Corolla. Many Toyota dealerships are stocking them in their service centers as replacements on customers cars(Corolla, Camry, Highlander, Sienna). Great reviews from those whom I've spoaken with. Wonderful in the snow, they say!

I'll check them out Char. Thanks.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back