Pure gas in the houston area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houstonians:

I'm looking for a gas station in the Houston area, preferably the northeast side, that sells at least one grade of non-ethanol gas. I'll be needing to refill the gas cans used in my small engines and I'd rather use real gas if that's an option. There may be some resource or map that I'm unaware of - if so please link to it.
Thanks for any leads.

I live in the City of South Houston, which is separate from Houston but is still in Harris county. I believe that all gasoline sold in Harris county is required to contain 10% ethanol, which is an oxygenate, due to EPA requirements. We used to be able to use MTBE, but that is no longer the case. I am not sure about Galveston county, but believe that the same holds true there as well.

After hurricane Ike, some environmental restrictions were "relaxed" in order to allow the process units at all of the local oil refineries to start up and resume gasoline production. Title V deviations still had to be reported, so this was not a free lunch, but enforcement (fines) was curtailed for a brief period of time. I say that this was not a free lunch because each time a plant renews their permit all of the emissions statistics for that site (sins of the past)) are brought up. I am not sure how emissions during the period after Ike struck will factor into this.

'preciate the response.
So, if I were to go to Beaumont and fill them up there would it be better? I have family out that way so bringing some gas cans along on my next visit wouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back