Brand New Infiniti G35 - Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are everyone's thoughts on using AutoRx on a brand new Infiniti G35? I have about 500 miles. Please advise on when and if I should begin using the AutoRx.

Thanks!

welcome2.gif

You could start adding it in maintenance doses after your break-in period. IMO, I wouldn't add anything to the oil until after 5-10k miles.

Also, by using the maint dose, you should not have to run any full cycles with the product, as it will help keep your engine clean.

I would never use it in your Infiniti- follow the severe use oil change guidelines in your owners manual, and you will be doing all that is required to enjoy a long life well operating engine.Read your owners manual, Infiniti does not endorse oil additives at all.
I currently have 220,000 miles on my Q45 and the engine is operating like the day it was new with never using any oil additives- uses less than 1/2 quart of oil per 6,000 miles.Prior I had a g20 for 150,000 miles with same results,engine ran like brand new when I traded for the Q45.

Last edited:
Don,t agree, Start off and stay with the Auto-Rx Maintenance Plan and keep the engine like new for many miles.

It will be the most cost effective action you can take. Engines new or otherwise get dirty over miles driven. No oil can lubricate through dirt.

Read the owners manual for the manufactures OC recommendation. If you feel you know better then cut the initial OCI in half, I also agree with Frank. I would start the Auto-Rx maintenance plan, after the first or second oil change.

Originally Posted By: Frank
Don,t agree, Start off and stay with the Auto-Rx Maintenance Plan and keep the engine like new for many miles.

It will be the most cost effective action you can take. Engines new or otherwise get dirty over miles driven. No oil can lubricate through dirt.

Naturally you dont agree....you are promoting your own product!!!A little self-serving isnt it???? My results speak for themselves with 2 high mile Infiniti engines operating as new without the use of any snake oil!!! Plenty of other examples{thousands of high mileage Infiniti owners} can be found over at http://WWW.nicoclub.com Dont fall for un-necessary products, there is a ton of them out there.

Last edited:
As for the oil change, should I do synthetic off the bat or switch to synthetic at around 10-15K miles?

Your choice....I switched both my G20 and Q45 over to synthetic oils at around 10-15,000 miles.You should join the G35 forum over at Nico to get other g35 owners experiences with their cars,a bunch of good information and conversation from Infiniti owners.

Quote:
My results speak for themselves with 2 high mile Infiniti engines operating as new without the use of any snake oil!!!

I see ..so you've already tried this product and seen no good results out of it, correct?

Isn't that sorta like saying that you were perhaps wrong once ..but after careful reevaluation ..you were mistaken? I recall Mary Poppins pulling a tape out of her bag and measuring herself and finding that she was "practically perfect in every way".

55.gif
(it's a big one, really).

You're in good company. There are a few here that subscribe to the "just do everything that I do and wonderful things will occur ...and you can ignore the rest of the garbage that's out there. Since I haven't seen value in it ..there is none and therefore it's garbage. Trust me."

Please keep in mind that life is unique to the one experiencing it. That is, YMMV.

Now I'll remind you of the topic: Brand New Infiniti G35 - Auto Rx

Now doesn't this statement seem just a bit obvious?

Quote:
you are promoting your own product!!!A little self-serving isnt it????

What is a site sponsor supposed to do when asked a question about his product ..being used in one of the ways that he promotes all the time?

"Oh, I was just shining you on. You can ignore everything I say ..and I just show up here to kill time when the television doesn't entertain me. I pay sponsorship fees here because I really have money stuffed in my pockets and it was either pay a fee here or throw it in the street. I could really care less if you have questions about the stuff. Figure it out on your own ..or ask people for their opinion that have never used the product. They know best. Just ask them.".

grin2.gif
(really, a BIG SMILE)

A good Synthetic oil is ALL YOU NEED and ALL YOU SHOULD USE.

I would recommend Auto-Rx for a old engine or a engine that has been not taken care of.
The additives in motor oil will keep your engine clean. It is when the additives wear out you get sludge problems. If you keep a good oil change interval you will not need to worry.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
A good Synthetic oil is ALL YOU NEED and ALL YOU SHOULD USE.

I would recommend Auto-Rx for a old engine or a engine that has been not taken care of.
The additives in motor oil will keep your engine clean. It is when the additives wear out you get sludge problems. If you keep a good oil change interval you will not need to worry.

I agree....save the lotions and potions for the old clunkers and neglected engines that are one step from the junkyard. Absolutly no need to use any oil additive on a well maintained engine that has recieved proper oil changes, and question the motives of those that say you do....both the promoters of the product and their cheerleaders {which are usually other product promoters watching the back of each other}

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Naturally you dont agree....you are promoting your own product!!!A little self-serving isnt it???? My results speak for themselves with 2 high mile Infiniti engines operating as new without the use of any snake oil!!! Plenty of other examples{thousands of high mileage Infiniti owners} can be found over at http://WWW.nicoclub.com Dont fall for un-necessary products, there is a ton of them out there.

Other peoples results also speak for themselves in proving that Auto RX is not snake oil.

My BMW sure ain't no clunker and RX sure made a differene on the engine which had less than 50,000 miles. Even the dreaded VANOS rattle has gone. Oil/filter had been changed at less than half the regular schedule. Engines that use oil, any oil, get dirty from day one. If the G35 was mine I'd use it from day one. My 2c

After visiting BITOG for over two years now, I can honestly say that Auto-Rx is the greatest knowledge I've gained so far from this forum. I thank Gary and Rick20 for enlightening me as to it's virtues, and Frank for inventing and marketing this great product.

BTW- I don't sell anything. My skin is too thin and it's not worth the ignorant criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back