30.00 for a gallon of Lucas UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
I had already seen the trend before barrels of oil went up I bought several while they where cheap.

Its funny becasue the 32oz bottles are still the same price, 10.00.

You should combine all your price increase threads into one thread. I just got done reading how you found Mobil One filter prices rising.

I've used MMO, TC-W3 and Lucas UCL. The Lucas gives me the best fuel mileage gains, but it seems like it's a cumulative thing. The mileage started improving gradually the longer I used it. I got 19.5 and then 20.2mpg on the last 2 tanks in my car, all city driving. As soon as I went back to the TC-W3 the mileage dropped to around 17.

One thing I find funny about mileage and Lucas UCL, is that some people get gains, and some get losses in mileage.

Personally, and I haven't figured out 'exactly' why, but I get worse gas mileage with the Lucas UCL in my two vehicles I've noted using it in. A 1994 4.6 V8 HO Thunderbird and a 1986 F-150 5.0 EFI. In the car, I could always tell the Lucas made it run a little better. Felt better in the lower RPM range, in the truck, I can't really tell much difference at all. Maybe when the truck is fully warmed up, it seems to have more power than normal, but that's about all I can tell. The Thunderbird, though, definitely used more gas. I still like the product and the idea behind it, though.

I think with any of the UCL products used, its trial and error to get the proper mix ratio. Some run as much as a 320:1 ratio, and others as little as 700:1. It takes time and experimentation. I like MMO, and TCW-3 oil better than the Lucas, but YMMV.

Frank D

I too have tried several products and find that Lucas UCL works well but as previously mentioned, some vehicles like more, others less.

We have the best luck using between 2 to 2.5 oz per 10 gallons of fuel.

We buy the gallon jugs and refill the 5.25 oz bottles that we carry in both cars. We use it every time we buy fuel.

Often the best price is @ truck stops or when there is a sale @ auto parts.

My own observations using the Lucas UCL. Tried it in my 96 Mustang GT. The whining I, was getting from my fuel pump stopped, and the injector tick also stopped. Have tried heavier doses this seems to rob power and mileage. I, am using a smaller dose now. The Mustang seems to like this stuff and it did something for me. All the noticed effects occured with one quart bottle.

Last edited:
The thing that concerns me about MMO is that UOA's have shown that it is really high in phosphorous. I thought phosphorous burned out catalytic converters?

They claim its safe for CC's, I've used it for many years. Three vehicles in particular have gone well over 100,000 miles w/o any cat issues. My 93 Aerostar has 165,000 miles with the original cat, and no problems. My 88 E-150 has been fed MMO via an Inverse Oiler since new, no problems, and never missed a drop of MMO. I think its worth looking into for you since a gallon is probably close to half the cost of the Lucas, and it works.

Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back