What happened to Rotella?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to wally world today for some Rotella in a quart....alas! No quarts of Rotella left.

Just 1 gallon and 5 gallon jugs, and that was mostly just 15w40.

There were only a few 1 gallon jugs of Rotella synthetic in 5w40.

I can't believe that someone would buy all out all the quarts; especially since it wasn't on sale.

What gives? They phasing the small bottles out?

GL

Last edited:
Group 3 and PAO is getting a little hard to come by for low prices. Maybe they didn't replenish the sock of the smaller bottles.

I have seen the quarts of Rotella Syn in the blue colored bottles on closeout at Walmart, but never bothered to scan them.

I still see gallon jugs of Rotella Syn on the shelf.

Only quart bottles of Rotella 5-40 in Wallys where I live. The good news is that they are all CI-4+. I may buy a few since I really like that stuff for the bikes. I already have 5 gallons in my garage. No explanation of why no 5-40 in gallons. Auto Zone still has a few gallon jugs left. Try there. Same price as WM last time the had it.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I have seen the quarts of Rotella Syn in the blue colored bottles on closeout at Walmart, but never bothered to scan them.

I still see gallon jugs of Rotella Syn on the shelf.

I wish I came across half the clearance stuff that you do!

I've bought 2 bottles of it recently to blend with other oils and they were $5.77 per quart. The one I bought today was one of maybe 4 on the shelf, and I didn't even notice if they had gallons.

wally world isn't the best place in the whole woold to buy stuff . iIwould bet that the big companies fulfill their higher profit accounts first.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
wally world isn't the best place in the whole woold to buy stuff . iIwould bet that the big companies fulfill their higher profit accounts first.

you would be wrong. when i worked for a mfg that had walmart as a customer, they ALWAYS got their stuff on time. when you have one customer that is 70% of your sales, you better take care of them. i realize oil isn't in that category, but i bet walmart sells more oil than most of the major car parts chains.

Wallyworld now sells RTS for $23.00 for the gallon. I remember buying it for $13.74 a year ago. I use it in my mothers 01 Beetle. Her car takes 4.5 quarts. So I buy a gallon, and then quart. The quarts are still the SL stuff were I live, but the gallons are the new SM stuff.

I just found out Pep Boys sells the gallons for $19.99. So the low price leader is no more.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
Wallyworld now sells RTS for $23.00 for the gallon. I remember buying it for $13.74 a year ago. I use it in my mothers 01 Beetle. Her car takes 4.5 quarts. So I buy a gallon, and then quart. The quarts are still the SL stuff were I live, but the gallons are the new SM stuff.

I just found out Pep Boys sells the gallons for $19.99. So the low price leader is no more.

Just like Esso XD3 in Canada...was about $21.96 a year or so ago at Wally...its now 35.16
frown.gif

That's crazy, I have been buying it for $5.99 per litre from the Esso bulk plant in one litre bottles. At UFA, the Polar Plus five litre jugs are $26-something.

Duron-E is still under $7 a litre as well.

My Walmart has a full lineup of Rotella oil in stock. Quarts and gallons of 15W40 and 5W40. The local Murrays also has the 5W40 and 15W40 in gallons.

Quarts of RTS are available here @ Advance Auto (AKA CSK or Checker's elsewhere), gallon of RTS $19.99 @ AutoZone (plus the buy $20 5 times get $20 free card) & PepBoys, but is $22 @ Walmart, guess the deals there are drying up, heard they have so much grocery business there now due to lower prices they're actually selling out of things they have good deals on.

i guess i've noticed a scarce amount of rotella in 15w40, but does anyone really buy it in quarts?

usually its used for diesels so you normally need it in larger amounts,

local walmart here has the 2.5 gallon jugs as well as the 1 gallon jugs.

and i just noticed the other day that Motorcraft 15w40 in a 5 quart jug can be had cheaper then 4 quarts of Rotella.

Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
i guess i've noticed a scarce amount of rotella in 15w40, but does anyone really buy it in quarts?

usually its used for diesels so you normally need it in larger amounts,

local walmart here has the 2.5 gallon jugs as well as the 1 gallon jugs.

and i just noticed the other day that Motorcraft 15w40 in a 5 quart jug can be had cheaper then 4 quarts of Rotella.

I use RTS 5-40 in many small air cooled engines, so I need a 1/3 or 1/2 quart every now and then. Generally, I too buy it by the gallon. Funny thing is I have two walmarts....One now only carries gallons, one now only carries quarts.....The price went up drastically at both. It may be time to go with M1 10-40 HM in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back