Amsoil guys - why no love for PCO 15W-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title says, whay do people/dealers on this site rarely recommend Amsoil Diesel blend, PCO?

Every time someone asks for advice, AME and ACD get pushed as the 'best value'...why not PCO?

You can get the full syn whether needed or not for not much more money.It is like other Amsoil oils a fine quality oil with a proper additive package.

I think part of it starts at the label on the bottle and being labeled "Synthetic Blend". By the time most people make the decision to buy Amsoil they aren't really interested in a blend, they want the PAO based oils.

The oil tests amazingly well and has great life. There is also the lack of CJ4 spec on the bottle, although I think it could pass the tests.

It has the symbols/testing for an OEM oil meeting the OEM specs. To tell you the truth, I am getting less oil usage with the synblend in my diesel engine. I am surprised that more folks under the OEM warranty are not using it. It has Lubrizol additive package which meets the starburst and other OEM testing specs.

Probably a great oil, and I bought some to run in a Mitsu tractor. However, if I had looked around I would have seen the full synth wasnt really that much more.

What is the makeup of this oil? IE, Pao/Group II blend, or a blend of group III base oils with some group II?

Judging by the numbers on the TD sheet I would believe its mostly grp 2 with some or grp3 or grp 4 added.

Last edited:
AME is actually "cheaper by the gallon" around here...

(When it is "20% off any two regular priced" items at (GI) Joe's!)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back