wawa gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
any good or bad things to say about it? It is consistently cheaper around my house and close, but I have read a few people saying its low quality, less gas mileage, etc.

Originally Posted By: IMH0813
any good or bad things to say about it? It is consistently cheaper around my house and close, but I have read a few people saying its low quality, less gas mileage, etc.

What may I ask is "wawa gas". Is that the name of a blend of racing fuel or what? Never heard of that.

Wawa! That is a strange name for a gas station, but fun to say. Wawawawawwwa!
LOL.gif

All refineries are run by big corporations, there is no Mom and Pop refineries, and all gasoline grades must meet minimum Federal regulations. If it is 10 cents or more a gallon cheaper than top tiers such as Chevron, Shell, 76 ... then I would buy it.

Wawa gas is ok. I use Shell or Bp for the extra additives(keep things clean)

My buddy has a 07 toyota tacoma V6. He used to use nothing but wawa gas. His motor stalled out a couple times, so he took it to the dealer. Dealer told him the fuel he was useing had to much sulpher in it.

He has used sunoco eversince, and he has not stalled again.

I dont know, perhaps it was just one bad batch of gas that went to that wawa station?????

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
LOL.gif

It's the name of a Canadian goose. It originated in Wawa PA ..which is very near the Franklin Mint.

note the goose in the logo
wawa-l.jpg

..but there were 3 things that took some getting used to when I moved to the Philly area.

What was a WAWA
What was a hoagie (I thought it was something you called someone "You stupid hoagie!!" )

2FootHoagie.jpg

..and..what is still a mystery as I gaze in awe and wonder to figure the real origins of this most unusual visual experience ....

..what in the heck is a Mummer
54.gif
crazy2.gif

mummer122807_270.jpg

I think that most regional gas comes out of Marcus Hook (Sunoco)

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
LOL.gif

It's the name of a Canadian goose. It originated in Wawa PA ..which is very near the Franklin Mint.

note the goose in the logo
wawa-l.jpg

..but there were 3 things that took some getting used to when I moved to the Philly area.

What was a WAWA
What was a hoagie (I thought it was something you called someone "You stupid hoagie!!" )

2FootHoagie.jpg

..and..what is still a mystery as I gaze in awe and wonder to figure the real origins of this most unusual visual experience ....

..what in the heck is a Mummer
54.gif
crazy2.gif

mummer122807_270.jpg

I think that most regional gas comes out of Marcus Hook (Sunoco)

hahaha thats an awesome post! I hope you enjoy hoagies!

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
His motor stalled out a couple times, so he took it to the dealer. Dealer told him the fuel he was using had to much sulfur in it.

The dealership's service writer was stupid. The sulfur content is strictly controlled by EPA regs. What ever the real cause of the problem, it wasn't sulfur.

Cheap gasoline probably does not have the same level of detergents as the best gas. They all have the minimum required by the EPA, but is that really enough in the long term??? The Top Tier brands have more detergents for competitive reasons, or use the real cheapo stuff plus an effective additive like FP-Plus.

Check your car with at least three tankfuls of each gas on repeatable drives to find the lowest fuel cost per mile, not just the lowest cost per gallon, as well as the fuel your engine runs best on. Here on the west coast, BP's ARCO brand is the worse we get, and even though the cost is lower than most others, the gas mileage is noticeably worse than any other in my cars.

I'm not to sure how effective the EPA is at regulating sulfur. A couple of years ago Shell oil company distributed some fuel throughout the southern region that contained levels of sulphur high enough to cause gas engine operation problems. I don't remember the specifics, but it made national news and required a recall.

Cheap gas vs top tier whats the dif? The cheapest station I pass sells sunoco its even cheaper then the wawa station normally. This morning shell was one penny more then the cheapest at $2.45 and the sunoco was 4 cents higher then that.

I buy from the station that is most convienent for me and that I don't have to wait in line just to save 40 cents at the cost of 10 minutes. I'll take those 10 minutes and spend them with my daughter rather then the angry mob in search of the cheapest gas.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Cheap gas vs top tier whats the dif? The cheapest station I pass sells sunoco its even cheaper then the wawa station normally. This morning shell was one penny more then the cheapest at $2.45 and the sunoco was 4 cents higher then that.

$2.45? I hope that's a typo; if not I'm depressed. Heck I should be depressed for even thinking $2.45 is cheap!!!

cheap or cheapest is realative to whats available at the time. So if 1 station is $2.45 and station 2 is $3.05 then station 1 is cheapest at the time. On the ride home yesterday the prices had dropped at the sunoco to $2.39.
banana2.gif

Not the cheapest I've ever paid but the cheapest in months.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive had issues with cheap gas at wawa as well out here in sj, however, its literally cheap so i have to ignore the quality problems as long as its able to keep the engine running :rofl:

Originally Posted By: Spawne32
ive had issues with cheap gas at wawa as well out here in sj, however, its literally cheap so i have to ignore the quality problems as long as its able to keep the engine running :rofl:

I will avoid Wawa for a Sheetz or Turkey Hill (or other brand name station)...I have seen several miles per gallon lost running Wawa in my cars.

Wawa gas typically comes out of Marcus Hook, and that's a Sunoco refinery. And speaking of Sunoco, I avoid their gas too because I see the same loss of mileage as I do in Wawa gasoline.

And again, it might just be the car...each one seems to run better/worse on a certain gasoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back