NAPA dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a UOA on NAPA brand conventional oil. I know it is SM rated but I just changed the oil in my veh with NAPA, and am second guessing my decision. OCI is 3500 miles.

I like using a Pro-select filter and it is just easier to pick up 5 quarts while I'm there......but not sure if that is/was a wise decision.

NAPA oil is made my Ashland Valvoline, also similar to Carquest oil. There is a UOA posted here of this oil. Close, if not identical to Valvoline Premium Conventional.

I'd have no problem at all using this oil and a Pro-Select filter for 3500 miles. That is as conservative as it gets!

Supertech oil is a highly regarded product here - I'd say the NAPA is better, and the Pro-Select filter is hands down better than a Fram, at 1/2 the cost.

There have been a lot of threads on the NAPA oil. Search for it. I would not worry about using it.

pro select and napa 5K intervals (depending on your type of driving, ie... highway) is a good decision

Originally Posted By: jediwebmstr
I hear alot of "NAPA dino has a weak additive pack".......

That so-called "weak additive package" will not shorten the life of your vehicle's engine one bit. Use the Napa oil with confidence. Truth be told, most of us probably spend more on oil than we need to. With today's oils being as good as they are, it's hard to make a case for buying anything more expensive than the cheapest available API SM rated oil, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back