Nascar has big money problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Oh well???

regardless of your elitist sensibilities, many people like NASCAR.

Nascar's been going down the tubes as of late. Ratings have tanked and the grand stands are half empty at some venues for Sprint Cup races.

As soon as people realized how the rules were being segued to make it fairer many lost interest. The COT is one car with different stickers to differentiate between makes.
After the Gibbs fiasco with magnets under the gas pedal I've been basically turned off Nascar. Gibb's spends 100's of thousands building more HP into an engine and Nascar crys foul.
I would have done the same thing except I would have done it the way Smoky Yunick said he would have done it. He would have taken a hammer and wacked the distributer knocking the timing back.
F*** Nascar.

Combine the COT and lack of competition with the economy. Inevitable demise.
The need for speed and the interest will be there. They will need to rewrite the sport.

Deep down, NA$CAR and F1 are not too different from each other, just ask Regan Smith or Sebastian Bourdais.

Think that NASCAR needs get there head out of their behind and dump current COT ASAP. Then go to more real looking "stock cars" such as their name suggest. Sporter 2 door cars such as Camaro, Mustang, Challenger ect. would be much better IMO, FWD FOUR door type sedans that Grandma would drive just don't do much in my mind as an image of a possible race car. Especially true when they are all basically the same looking car. Extremely boring to see all the same looking cars on the track. Unlike NASCAR cars of the 50s and 60s and SCCA Trans Am cars of the mid to late 60s.

Don't even get me started on the Nascar truck series that is a joke all by itself. Trucks are for hauling and towing things not to be raced.

These days I can no longer stand watching Indy cars because the look the same. And I'm just about there with NASCAR.

The trucks really aren't trucks

Ya think???
LOL.gif

How long can you watch cars drive around in circles before it becomes boring no matter how many beers you drink.

cheers3.gif
45.gif

Originally Posted By: Hirev
Don't even get me started on the Nascar truck series that is a joke all by itself. Trucks are for hauling and towing things not to be raced.

LOL, start a series of races where the Gale Banks Sidewinder(?) type trucks have to race (around corners, in a dragstrip, at Bonneville), and drag their own tools, equipment and tyres to the event.

Great bang for buck for the racer.

I think Nascar has been on a decline for a couple of years. I hate the new point system. Go back to when a whole season of consistency rewards the winner.

Originally Posted By: Hirev
Think that NASCAR needs get there head out of their behind and dump current COT ASAP. Then go to more real looking "stock cars" such as their name suggest. Sporter 2 door cars such as Camaro, Mustang, Challenger ect. would be much better IMO, FWD FOUR door type sedans that Grandma would drive just don't do much in my mind as an image of a possible race car. Especially true when they are all basically the same looking car. Extremely boring to see all the same looking cars on the track. Unlike NASCAR cars of the 50s and 60s and SCCA Trans Am cars of the mid to late 60s.

These days I can no longer stand watching Indy cars because the look the same. And I'm just about there with NASCAR.

historically, the camaro, mustang and challenger were NEVER used in NASCAR. they have been using 'silolette(SP?) racers for years. it's just a NAME. they are all the SAME BODY. the sponsor puts a sticker on it to ADVERTISE their brand. toyota puts a camry sticker on because (duh) they sell alot of camrys.
worse w/ indy, all the bodies are made by what? 2 different mfgrs? and they all used honda engines??? whatever.
NASCAR is interesting because of the personalities, the drama of passing and drafting, making up lost laps, the burnouts and other gimmicks the winners do. it's fun. it's not too serious. the sponsors are products the avg guy buys and uses.
the truck series is a stepping stone series. it's a chance to use a different cheaper car, a chance to get smaller teams into the sport. they are just race cars shaped like 7/8 sclae trucks, because (duh) lots of people drive trucks.

I haven't watched NASCAR since Toyota was allowed to join. The COT thing is ridiculous as well. I find drag racing much more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back