Valvoline Maxlife 10w30, 3030mi, Jeep Cherokee 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my first oil analysis on this vehicle.

Miles on Vehicle: 61,881
Miles on Oil: 3,030
Time on Oil: ~6 months
Oil: Valvoline Maxlife 10w-30
Filter: Napa Gold 1515 (Oversized)
Driving conditions: Very short trips up until the last 1,000miles.

I'm very happy with this report. I thought for sure it wouldn't turn out this well with the short trips and the 4.0 having a history of shedding iron and having fuel issues.

Currently it has Rotella T 10w-30 in it. Should I have an analysis done on the Rotella T or just stick with the Maxlife?

Looks like MaxLife was a perfect combination for your Jeep. I'd check and see how the Rotella does then go from there. If it's not as good as the MaxLife, go back to it.
thumbsup2.gif

I use maxlife in my 98' jeep wrangler, 4.0, with outstanding results. I will never run anything else in it for the life of the vehicle. Go with the maxlife, its some of the best oil out there for jeeps, they love all the moly!!

-Ryan

It's Maxlife Dino. I'm not sure the reason for the slightly elevated potassium number. I haven't noticed any drop in coolant level, and there is no other sign of coolant in the oil.

I'm debating, would having a UOA done on the first fill of Rotella T be a waste? Do I need two consecutive runs of it to tell how well it compares to the Maxlife?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back