WD40

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope...and I wouldn't be that stoopid in adding something that silly just to clean up my OBD-II systems just trying to fukk up my emissions systems.

Any PEA-laden FI cleaner would be your better choice.

Q.

p.s. it just proves my point that N.America operates on hearsays and not facts.

Interesting story. No I would not do it, but I bet it would not hurt anything. Would have to look at what it contains vs fuel system treatments and Marvel Mystery Oil, which people put in their fuel. WD40 might just be thinned out kerosene. I put 2-cycle oil in my fuel.

Wow now water displacement 40 doesn't make me want to jump up and shout eureka I have a fuel additive. I do, like TallPaul, run 2 cycle mix in the fuel.

Originally Posted By: pickled
Wow now water displacement 40 doesn't make me want to jump up and shout eureka I have a fuel additive. I do, like TallPaul, run 2 cycle mix in the fuel.

Thirty years ago I ran a retail store and one day a guy walked in to pitch me on some product he was selling. A long chat later he tells me he was one of the inventors of WD40. The history was fascinating, but the funny part was that along the way he remarked "I just can't figure out why everybody's talking about using WD40 to stop squeaks and oil things - WD40 isn't a lubricant, it's a water displacement agent - it has no lubricating capability!"

And, no, he didn't tell me what happened to WD-1 through 39. either.

Originally Posted By: old farmer
I recently heard a story about putting some WD40 in the gas and it is supposed to clean the emissions, and increase mileage and maybe power...

Fascinating. Never heard of that use before.
Why would you or wouldn't you, add this to fuel? Hmmm.

It dose leave behind a oily film once it dries. However, I do not know how well it lubes. . . Thus I would not use WD40 for lube alone.

I would never use it in my gas.

It does have some lube properties and some penetrant properties as well as anti-corrosion qualities.
BUT, there are other products available that do each or all of those jobs better.

WD-40 came in on top in a test I saw on corrosion resistance involving steel plates. It beat out many other expensive products. I use Eezox for my guns, but I wouldn't feel bad about using WD on my safe queens as a final coat before they go into storage.

Originally Posted By: jaj
Thirty years ago I ran a retail store and one day a guy walked in to pitch me on some product he was selling. A long chat later he tells me he was one of the inventors of WD40.

LOL, if only I had a nickle for every person I found on the internet claiming to have met the guy who invented WD40 and talked about it's formulation/uses. I'd be rich!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ted s
I do, my 88 yugo now gets 75mpg.

ARX it, it should be getting 85mpg.

Originally Posted By: kingrob
Originally Posted By: ted s
I do, my 88 yugo now gets 75mpg.

ARX it, it should be getting 85mpg.

with amsoil it'll jump to over 100mpg!

LOL! Double-U Dee 40 didn't do jack to my squeaky box springs (making aloud noise when I make sweet luv to my wifey) but a new box-spring completely cured the squeak (didn't dampen the moan tho)

So much for it's lubricating qualities.

thumbsup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back