Which filter for my 2008 GMC Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually buy Fram for my other cars but is this the best choice for my new Sierra? I do mainly city driving (stop & go) but do plan on going off roading every chance I get.

It's a 1500 crew cab 4x4 with 5.3l V8 if that makes any difference. And how often should I change it?

Thanks for your help.

See if Wix/Napa Gold makes a filter for your truck. I've been extremely happy with it in my car, the silicon always comes back nice and low, even driving through extremely dirty/dust construction zones, salty winters, etc.

I am using a fram synwash in my 2007 Silverado 2500HD. It doesn't require oiling and you wash it with dish soap and water every 12000 miles.

I bought it because I like a reusable filter but no longer wanted to use K&N's.

fyi

2008 GMC TRUCKS SIERRA 1500 PICKUP 5.3L 8-cyl Engine Code [M]
Code:
FILTERS

Oil Filter: EAO47 Absolute Efficiency Oil Filter

Oil Filter: 57060 WIX 57060 Oil Filter

Air Filter: EAA123 Absolute Efficiency Air Filter [1]

Air Filter: PF7055P INJEN-AMSOIL Air Intake System [1]

Air Filter: 42487 WIX 42487 Air Filter [1]

Air Filter: EAA123 Absolute Efficiency Air Filter [2]

Air Filter: PF7055P INJEN-AMSOIL Air Intake System [2]

Air Filter: 42488 WIX 42488 Air Filter [2]

Fuel Filter: NS

Trans Filter: 58904 WIX 58904 Trans Filter [3]

Trans Filter: 58608 WIX 58608 Auto Tran Filter [4]

1. Light Duty Version

2. Heavy Duty Version (Z71),(K47)

3. 4L60E - Shallow pan

4. 4L80E

Thanks for the replies. I'm still a bit skeptical about that Amsoil reusable air filter so I picked up a new Wix air filter, you were dead on with the part #.

Funny thing was I purchased the filter from a small performance shop (one of only three in my area that sells Wix filters) for about $3 less the the cost of a CarQuest Blue (rebaged Wix filter). The guy at the counter told me the Napa gold is the same filter but they always charge more for them? Thought that was odd since CarQuest and Napa hare big chain stores and this is a little (very little) shop. This is the same place I bought my Wix oil filter too.

Nothing to be skeptical about. Its proven technology invented by Donaldson and licensed to Amsoil and manf. for them by Wix.

I have one in my 2008 GMC and used one in my 2004 GMC.

As for prices varying by store, that's not unusual.

Hard to bead AC Delco filters. When I can't get my hands on them, Wix/Napa is my #2 choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back