Amsoil filter cross refrence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have info on the cross reference for Baldwin or Donaldson when using Amsoil filters? I am considering using them instead on my truck's bypass system. Thanks...
11.gif

I know you can use a regular Dodge Cummins full flow oil filter in place of the bypass filter-same threads and gasket. I did this during several full ARX cycles on my truck. Of course you lose the bypass filtering ability while the full flow is on there, which may not be what you want. I'm not sure that anyone makes a true bypass filter to fit the Amsoil mount. Gary would know.

Nobody makes a filter with the same particle removal capability of the AMSOIL EABP filters.
You can get regular filters which have the same thread measurement.

I used to find guys with Dixie Chopper lawn mowers who were "saving lots of money" by replacing the AMSOIL filter with one from the local parts store. Of course, they had absolutely no idea what the bypass filter was put on there for by the manufacturer.

The Amsoil bypass, as had been stated ONLY comes in a 1-16 thread. It's the same as the Cummins full flow on the 5.9 and (I imagine others too). There is no non-Amsoil (ie commercial) bypass filter that I know of that uses this thread.

There's a combo full flow/bypass in Wix somewhere around here on one of my threads. You can probably use 2 of them in parallel on your Permacool setup.

here you go! Run dual these
shocked2.gif
No bypass valve, but in parallel and at that flow rating, you'll live.

Part Number: 51641
UPC Number: 765809516410
Principal Application: Nissan UD Trucks
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: By-Pass
Media: Paper
Height: 6.601
Outer Diameter Top: 4.276
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None
Burst Pressure-PSI: 345
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 12

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.834 2.462 0.200

Originally Posted By: Steve S
How long do you run the BP filters? You don't run the Amsoil oil long enough to justify the syn oil.

Huh? I have run my curent change 15k, and, after an analysis, plan to go another 10k. I will then get another analysis and see where I am at. The BP filters currently have 10k on them and I plan on gong another 10k before I change them. I believe that is the manufacturer's specs.

for that other question, I run the EaBP 100 with Ea052 micron 2 bypass.....

I ran a EaBP110 for over 30k with Rotella before it even began to show signs it was plugging...and that was with a soot-monger CRD Cummins (the kind that the oil is black before you turn the key).

I wouldn't look at the EaBP before 30k, kind of a waste of money replacing them early...how do you have your BP plumbed?

are you doing a uoa at the next 10k or doing a change? I think the BP filter will go longer look at the Amsoil info. You have to run the oil a long time to make it worthwhile.

Longer Lasting
When used in conjunction with AMSOIL motor oil and an AMSOIL EaO or Donaldson Endurance™ filter, the EaBP Filter should be changed every other full-flow filter change up to 60,000 miles.

If you're using UOA as your guide, soot levels should be your indicator of filter/oil condemnation levels ..other factors assumed normal.

Fleetguard makes a "Venturi Combo" (bypass & full-flow in one) with the same thread (1-16) & physical dimensions as the stock filter for the Cummins 5.9l - it is an LF9028. It does not state as much in their online catalog, but if you call Fleetguard they can confirm it. All Fleetguard filters in the LF9000 series are Venturi Combos.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
The Amsoil bypass, as had been stated ONLY comes in a 1-16 thread. It's the same as the Cummins full flow on the 5.9 and (I imagine others too). There is no non-Amsoil (ie commercial) bypass filter that I know of that uses this thread.

There's a combo full flow/bypass in Wix somewhere around here on one of my threads. You can probably use 2 of them in parallel on your Permacool setup.

I was running a CarQuest 85515 in place of Amsoil SDF15 full flowfllter, which is a Wix filter. I think the Wix number is 51515.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back