Good Street Tires for a Mountain Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I definitely have a fear of fast moving pick-ups with open beverage containers when I'm pedaling my fat down the open road :)! The tires worked surprisingly well off road. There was a tendency to get a little loose in gravel over redrock vertical ascents, but once you figure out how the traction fades you can compensate pretty well. Goat-heads SUCK! These tires are champs though when you pair them with my other 2 defensive barriers. I'll go see if I can pull one out and post a picture later so folks know what we deal with here. All and all though man I gotta tell you the drifters are the bomb and thanks so much for sharing
thumbsup2.gif
cheers3.gif
!

pablo,

good to hear your tire choice is doing you well.

but just so you know, i've taken maxxis hookworms (26x2.5, 65 psi) to 80MPH. yeah, eighty. i was being pulled behind mechjames' '94 explorer.

they arent good for anything other then street though. abysmal on gravel. but sure are a hoot on the pavement!

plus, they look cool. :p

my squash is A-OK! i may be young and stupid, but not dumb.
wink.gif
anything over pedalling speed, im flossin' this:

n555005524_3421466_2130.jpg

its a 661 Pro Bravo Carbon. retail it's worth $330 IIRC.
at a later date, mechjames was on one of my other bikes, and i was on the sasquatch. we were ripping around and another buddy was driving his car down the block to my place. we both hooked on and buddy hit the gas...

at about 30MPH james let go and yelled, "how the [censored] did you do 125?!?!?" (km/h, that is.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back