Formula Shell 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formula Shell is an excellent value. But you also get alot for the premium of pennzoil YB. Formula shell is Grp II YB is Grp II+ YB has a more expensive additive package. YB is probably a synthetic blend in performance.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Formula Shell is an excellent value. But you also get alot for the premium of pennzoil YB. Formula shell is Grp II YB is Grp II+ YB has a more expensive additive package. YB is probably a synthetic blend in performance.

Been using the heck out of FS 5w-30 as it was .49 per quart awhile back at the CSK stores on rebate. My three season favorite in my little Saturn is YB, (before I switch to SSO 0w-30 for winter), but the price of FS on sale almost forces me to use it till its gone. Good oil.

I think I remember seeing it in 5W-20 at Target before, but I could be wrong. I got a case of it in 5W-30 for 50 cents a quart at Murray's earlier this year. From what I gather from UOA's and observations, it's good stuff!

Well if I found it for a buck or less in 5w20 of course I would load the [censored] up.. Lately it's around 2 bucks at target with no 5w20.

I picked up a case today because I am having trouble finding Pennnzoil 5w20. Every where I went they were out. I found the Shell 5w20 at Advanced and thought I would give it a try.

Now I am thinking of going to the Chevron oil on sale at the CSK for a buck a quart after rebate, 1.49 regular price. My FS supply is dwindling and being that I am not a one oil man, I'll cheat on my current oil if another one is cheaper. LOL

For a 1.49 a quart I would stock up. I live pretty far out in the woods. I wish I could find sales like that close to home. We only have about three places to buy oil and Walmart is always out of stock on all of the dino 5w20. The only thing I can find on a regular basis is Mobil 1 5w20 at 6.99 a quart. No thanks.

Originally Posted By: greymach
For a 1.49 a quart I would stock up. I live pretty far out in the woods. I wish I could find sales like that close to home. We only have about three places to buy oil and Walmart is always out of stock on all of the dino 5w20. The only thing I can find on a regular basis is Mobil 1 5w20 at 6.99 a quart. No thanks.

Is there anyway to talk to the automotive department lead and ask him/her if they could order an extra case or two with the promise you'd buy all of it? You never know, even at a big box like WM, they might be willing to do that.

Yes, M1 for 6.99 a quart is not worth the money.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Not so good a deal anymore. Might as well go to Walmart and get the premium YB. I dislike going to Target anyway.

I'm with you, at 2.29, you might as well stick with the YB jugs from Wallie world or do what I am going to do tomorrow and get some buck a quart Chevron!

No buck a quart anything near my home/
frown.gif

FormulaShell are good oils. The 5W-20 and 5W-30 oils are a real bargain when you consider they use almost synthetic quality Group II+ base oils. All 5W-xx SM rated oils have to use GII+ to meet the NOACK specifications. The data-sheet from Shell even "indicates" they are using GII+ base oils in these motor oils.

Quote:
FormulaShell.pdf

Low Oil Consumption - Specialty basestocks have been selected to control oil volatility. The use of specialty stocks in FormulaShell 5W-20, 5W-30 and FormulaShell Synthetic Blend 5W-30 and 10W-30 results in low volatility and oil consumption without compromising superior low temperature low and fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back