Looking for a product to revitalize rubber seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rubber seal around my sunroof is looking a bit weathered and I'm looking for suggestions on a product to solve the problem.

Thanks

once the UV damage is done, there's nothing you can do to revitalise rubber.

You may resort to either (a) replace the rubber seals with new ones altogether, or (b) soak it with things like aero 303 protectant, Armourall, etc.

Q.

Give Einszett Gummi Pflege a try

GummiPflegeStift_s.jpg

Conditions rubber weather seals on car doors, windows and trunks. Protects and keeps the rubber elastic. Restores color to dried out rubber. Protects against extreme temperature and UV rays. Solvent-free, water-based formula. Easy-to-use shoe polish type applicator makes application simple without the mess.

shinetsu.gif

Love this stuff. Revitalizes seals, quiets squeaky windows, and lubricates window run channels.

Kind of expensive, but a tube of this stuff goes a long way.

Edit: Guess it's not that expensive, usually about 15 bucks per tube. But it comes in a toothpaste sized tube, enough to last the average shadetree a couple years, minimum.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Finklejag
Give Einszett Gummi Pflege a try

GummiPflegeStift_s.jpg

Conditions rubber weather seals on car doors, windows and trunks. Protects and keeps the rubber elastic. Restores color to dried out rubber. Protects against extreme temperature and UV rays. Solvent-free, water-based formula. Easy-to-use shoe polish type applicator makes application simple without the mess.

+ 1

Gummi Pflege Stift. Yup!
Also great for pre-winter protection of rubber door/window seals from freezing rain/sleet.
In heavy wind driven snow/sleet storms, the GPS treated doors open and close without being "frozen closed". They open and leave the weatherstripping where it is supposed to be! Always fun in January and February.

Last edited:
X eleventybillion for Gummi Pflege! I used it about a month ago on the firebird's door, hatch and T-Top seals, and she weathered a hammering by Mr. Hurricane Ike last week with NO leakage. Until now I had random leaks here and there on the passenger side rear floorboad and in the trunk area, but this stuff seems to have done the trick. Of course, making sure everything was closed securely helped a bit before, but with the hammering by the high winds and heavy rain, I am VERY impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back