Quality of 'sheetz' fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mikered30
They guarantee their gas 100%.

What's not to guarantee? The only difference is additives vs. the top tier. There'smore additives in top tier gas.

Originally Posted By: ffracer
They guarantee their gas 100%.

What's not to guarantee? The only difference is additives vs. the top tier. There'smore additives in top tier gas.

not all gas companies guarantee their gas 100%

Sheetz in Ohio is terrible. Loaded with ethanol and no cheaper
than Shell. I used there premium in my Nissan Maxima and
I could watch the gauge go down. I check my mileage every tank
and lost 4.3 miles to the gallon on that stuff. Never again.
It's Shell V-power for me

Are you in OHIO limited to 10% ethanol? If not, then Sheetz may just use ethanol content to meet the octane requirements.

I had a friend in IL that told me that midgrade (this was a ways back ..2000 maybe) was cheaper than regular due to ethanol usage. I don't know how they configured the typical outlet blending process ..and I don't know how wide spread it was. There you would get less knocking ..but lower mileage (at the lower cost).

I've been using Sheetz gas quite extensively for the maybe 6 or 7 years they have been in my area. I've never had any issues with it. I have had noticably more pinging on Exxon gas in two of my vehicles but really no other problems with any other brand.

Sheetz is one of the few gas that ever made my car run bad. I avoid it like the plague. I use a lot of Turkey Hill, Top-Tier gas.

I wouldn't use Sheetz or any other generic, unless they have the extra beyond EPA required additives. Base gas is pretty generic, it is the additives that matter. Sheetz is the minimum.

Seriously you guys are nuts. You must be driving f1 race cars that need special gasoline. I live in New york, all the gas is 10 percent ethanol. I have been to many different gas stations since buying my car, and guess what. None of them caused any noticeable increase or decrease in my fuel mileage.

I have used Sheetz gas when traveling in PA, and it is just like the rest of the stuff. If you stick to buying fuel at a place that is busy and moves a lot of fuel, then you won't have a problem.

It's when you buy gas at billybob's mobil with one antique gas pump in front of it, and a dirty tank underground, that is when you have a fuel related problem.

I usually buy gas when at home at Delta Sonic, the place is jammed every time I go there, and never a problem.

The additives only matter when you are running a car for 200+k like I usually do or if you do a lot of wide open throttle, like I do. A tank here and there doesn't matter much, but regular use and it builds up.

My old company had a fleet of vans and trucks and all the gas engined vehicles got carboned up around the same time. Citgo.

If you get a new car regularly or don't go past 100k, it won't matter at all.

Or just dump a can of Techron in 1-2 times a year.

We don't have Sheetz here, but if I'm paying the same price for gas pretty all around the area, why not use something that has the additives and there are lots of them around?

I gave up trying to get gas at sheetz. It is always jammed with long pump lines.

No doubt. I like Sheetz in general but going there is a bigger hassle than it's worth. It's not just the gas pumps. The parking lots are always full from people buying coffee and sandwiches.

I'm not sure what part of PA you are from but in the York area we recently got a Royal Farms store that has food as good or better than Sheetz, just without the crowding. Unfortunately they don't seem to be spreading very fast yet.
... And their coffee is much better.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: Canawler
I gave up trying to get gas at sheetz. It is always jammed with long pump lines.

No doubt. I like Sheetz in general but going there is a bigger hassle than it's worth. It's not just the gas pumps. The parking lots are always full from people buying coffee and sandwiches.

I'm not sure what part of PA you are from but in the York area we recently got a Royal Farms store that has food as good or better than Sheetz, just without the crowding. Unfortunately they don't seem to be spreading very fast yet.
... And their coffee is much better.
12.gif

I am 30 min from you in Harrisburg. I have not seen any Royal Farms, just a ton of Rutters in the York area. I like how Rutters trys to make ethanol "good" by putting stickers on the pumps that say now enriched with 10% ethanol. I still get a kick out of it when I read it.

ewwww gas station coffee.......blah talk about watered down dirt flavored garbage.

Gas stations around here have decent coffee. The instant cappuccino machines make a concoction that is drinkable, and the new iced coffee that Holiday introduced is really decent, and low priced.

I used Sheetz gas from 2001 until 2005 (I live right near York and Harrisburg, in Lancaster, PA). Only had 2 bad tanks. Both ran fine but I got about 5mpgs less, probably from misblended fuel. I do know that the Sheetz gas stations in Williamsport, PA had a major problem back in 2004. The truck that supplies the 2 Sheetz somehow managed to get filled with diesel instead of 87 octane and a few hundred unsuspecting motorists got a tank of diesel fuel and some unwanted car trouble. Sheetz footed the bill for all the repairs, which is good. I use Hess now. They are the same price as Sheetz around here, but I trust it more than Sheetz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back