Pennzoil Platinum oil change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about oil change intervals. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V8 and will use Pennzoil Platinum with a Wix or Napa gold oil filter starting at the 3,000 mile mark. Given that this is a synthetic I’m guessing I can go at least 6,000 miles before my next oil change. The truck is my daily driver and I drive about 20,000 miles per year. I live in CA so no extreme weather except for the few hot (100+ degrees) and cold (50 degrees) days (I know that’ nothing to our friends in the East)

Dose this sound right?

Go by your OLM. It will adjust the OCI based upon driving conditions.

I have a 2007 2500HD 6.0L, and that is my plan using PP. I have just over 4000 miles and it is at 51% oil life left. I may hit the 1 year mark before it gets to zero at which point I will change it anyway as required by GM.

I doubt GM would put a 100,000 mile warranty on an engine and tell you to change it when the OLM says to if it were going to cause any problems.

I used the OLM on my last truck, 2006 Silverado 1500, and it always got to zero between 5000 and 7000 miles.

i think its safe to say with any good synthetic oil that you can go a easy 5k or more. i think mobil 1 EP claims "guarantee for 10k miles" ? or something like that..

Not up to speed with the acronyms. Please post any others that are used a lot because I’m sure I won’t know those either.

OLM – Oil Life Monitor
OCI - ?

Originally Posted By: vranasaurus
You are correct on the OLM.

OCI = Oil Change Interval

I know there is a list somewhere on the site of commonly used acronyms.

Yep, it's under General Board Information on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back