good cleaner for my engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow this post is still going. i used something at this one place u pay $1.25. it looks like simple green and then u can use a high pressure water gun with it. my engien is very clean and tidy with no smell hehe. it was cheaper than buying one at walmart or something.

i spilled a ton of tranny fluid in the engine yesterday, all gone now.

Simple Green works fine for degreasing an engine, but be careful when you spray it on aluminum parts, because it does attack aluminum. Ironically it seems safe on plastic. I don't think it's much of a problem on a car engine, but make sure to hose all Simple Green off.

Bob,

Your Ford uses the same oil fill cap as my Mustang. My cap was faded like yours, found an almost identical replacement at Pep Boys (the font looks just a hair different). Really adds to the "clean engine" look.
smile.gif

Like a lot of guys here, I use Simple Green on my engines. Works like a charm!

Black Magic (2 in one engine cleaner) It de-greases the ---- out of the engine block, is safe on paint, and yes AND leaves a nice shine on hoses and rubber/plastic engine items. Leave it on, soak for ten minutes, and garden hose it off. Try it - you'll be addicted.

Originally Posted By: digitaldrifter91
im just really concerned that on a hot engine..spraying water will hurt it. thats why i refuse to go to a power wash station...id like to do it when it is cold
the few timesi've been to a power wash staion, i just spray degreaser at my house, drive to the station, and let 'er have it. Has never damaged anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back