kawasaki mule oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I need some advice, I bought a left over 07 mule 610 ,it has a air/fan cooled single cyl engine, it has 7 hrs on it , at 10 I would like to change the oil , I have used Castrol GTX in most everything , it has a snowmobile belt type external clutch , the book calls for the JASO MA spec ,the GTX 10-40wt doesn't have that, would this oil be good ? , also I plan to switch it to Amsoil 10-40wt motorcycle oil , at what hours would this be safe to do, 40-50hrs?

I was thinking about valvoline 10-40 atv for this change , then
either amsoil 10-40 motorcycle oil or amsoil 0-40 atv oil ?
any opinions?, factory calls for 10-40wt , Craig.

If you eventually want to use Amsoil, why not just put it in at the 10 hr mark like you said? Why go with Valvoline and them Amsoil? There is no break-in issue if that is why you are hesitant.

Do you guys think the Amsoil 10-40 oil would be a good choice?
Also how long should it be left in before changing , this mule will be used around a small 1 acre yard for yard clean up duty,
I'm worried about how long it will be able to idle with out over heating , its only fan cooled,it will seldom hit speeds over 2-3mph, on my kubota I bump the idle up slightly and its fine,Craig.

Either 0W or 10W will be fine. Change according to what the manual says. Does it have an hour meter?

It has the factory analog hour meter plus a resetable hour meter on the tiny tach I added , plus a resetable job/hour meter in the speedometer, I guess were ok with hour meters , lol , I think
I'll run the valoline atv oil to the 20 hour change , then put the Amsoil 10-40 in it , it will at least make me feel better!

fwiw

20 hrs is a long time in the life of an ATV/UTV, by the way I put on miles its about 240 miles.

I just hit 70 hrs on my ATV, 2006 Honda Rincon 680cc which = 850 miles of easy riding. All of those hours but the 1st have been run on Amsoil 0W-40, Wix oil filters and TwinAir air filter. My 680 never uses any oil. I changed over after about 1 hr of break in riding, cycling it thru various speeds and cool downs etc.

I try to change it every fall because it never gets used in the winter but sometime I forget and go 2 yrs.

There is nothing wrong with your plan, but it was a waste of a post because you ignored all of the advice that was given.

We used to change oil on our fleet trucks at 160 hrs, no less would be approved. Trucks idled more than they were driven due to the nature of the work environment (traffic).

Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
We used to change oil on our fleet trucks at 160 hrs, no less would be approved. Trucks idled more than they were driven due to the nature of the work environment (traffic).

An ATV engine is a lot different that a truck engine. Depending on how much idling I would change at 50hrs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
No kidding?

Then what did your comment have to do with the original post?

You could run Walmart Super Tech oil 10w40 in that thing. kawasaki 4 strokes are tough and not very finnicky with oil. I have tried alot of different oils in my Kawasaki KLR650 and it has a wet clutch, they are pretty versitile engines and hard to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back