Equivalent to Shell Spirax Super TS 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For the differential of my car (2001 XKR), Jaguar recommands to use Shell Spirax Super TS 90.

Fine with me, but this oil does not seem to exist anywhere: Google only finds it in the same Jaguar documents I have, and the Shell website does not seem to know it...

Does anybody know that oil, and what equivalent I could use, available in Europe (Shell, Castrol, Elf, Mobil but not Amsoil for instance, these are not sold over these pond) (FWIW: it's a simple differential, without limited slip)

Thanks and brdgs,

Thierry

I used Chevron Delo ESI in my XJR's differential (Salisbury, limited slip) - but this may be difficult or impossible to find in France. I'd probably try to go with one of the other Shell Spirax varieties, preferably a synthetic, maybe Spirax ASX 75W-90 or a premium mineral one like Spirax EW 75W-90 or EW 80W-140 (which would be comparable to the Delo ESI).
I believe the rear axle in the XK8 still uses the axle shafts as the upper control arms, which results in very heavy loads on the differential gears - so a heavier weight (xW-140) might be actually be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back