my oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I change my oil in my 2003 CTS 3 times a month. I drive 167 miles a day. I have done this all my life to all my vehicles. No dirt or grime in my engines. I use Vavoline synthetic.

welcome2.gif
to BITOG !!

Wow - that's a lot of oil changing! Bet you have a system down pat.

How many miles on the car? Which oil filter do you use?

Originally Posted By: bigmanoncampus
Hello,

I change my oil in my 2003 CTS 3 times a month. I drive 167 miles a day. I have done this all my life to all my vehicles. No dirt or grime in my engines. I use Vavoline synthetic.

I'll bet your engine is clean but why the heck do you change your oil so frequently? That is a lot a waste oil!! I don't see why any oil out ther couldn't do at least a month. Personally I would just do Amsoil SSO every 3 months or so and enjoy the free time and extra money.

167 miles a day x 5 times a week = 835

835 x 4 weeks a month = 3340

3340 x 3 months = 10020

Most of those miles have to be highway so I agree with Pabs!

Actually, I'd use ANY oil for 6 weeks for a 5k OCI or 4 months with a good syn.

You are wasting some serious $$ IMO.

Take care, bill

I agree with all the input above. But if you keep a high frequency OCI, then you could at least put an Amsoil oil filter on and not bother with the oil filter for several months.

You should consider sending one UOA to Blackstone (just $22.50 - they'll send you the sampling kit for free). I think you'll find you're dumping the oil several months too early.

No offense....but that's crazy. Get a good synthetic and change it out every 7500 . You're a BMOC,think of all the date time you are losing! Further,each time you change the oil you run a slight chance of of mis threading the bolt. .02.

I'm with Ericthepig on this one. Save the steel man and use a higher tier filter over a few drains! We are going to need all of the steel we can get our hands on here in the US just to cost effectively make pennies and nickels for the populace!!
13.gif

The paper money has no real stable value ,now the coinage has no real stable value . The U.S. is now a third world country. Thankyou to the politicians .

Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.

wasting money and oil.

mileage cant be that spectacular on the caddie, i would take allthe money you will save on the oil changes and buy a corolla or civic, much better fuel economy.

valvoline syn should get you 3 months easily with the miles you supossedly do

Sorry for the off topic remark, but that was an apt quote...as Bill and Ted would say it's the "Freud Dude"! I personally liked Skinner myself because that guy would put his own kids in a box just to prove a point! Maybe that's what happened to the OP, "Change your oil get a food pellet!".

Originally Posted By: roadman
I'm calling [censored]. Think you guys are getting your legs pulled.

I'm was kinda thinking that when I first read the post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back