Which Oils Meet the GM-LL-025 Spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saab appearently stopped importing their 0W 30 which was Mobil 1. They now are having Mobil bottle the 0W 40 in Saab bottles. It's too bad because the Saab Turbo 0W 30 was a great oil as my UOA's showed.

So we are just left with the M1 0W 40 which is fine but I was wondering if there are any other oils that meet the GM LL spec, not the Amway oil crap of "recommended for" etc.

Thanks!

Haven't seen Motorbike in awhile, but I'm sure he knows. I can't find the info either right now. I think Motul has a product, but would be too costly.

"...Amway oil crap..."
lol.gif

This, from the proud owner of a "Sob"?

Actually, it figures...

CHEERS!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by CosmicFlash:
[QB
So we are just left with the M1 0W 40 which is fine but I was wondering if there are any other oils that meet the GM LL spec, not the Amway oil crap of "recommended for" etc.

Thanks! [/QB]

Amsoil 5w40 meets or exceeds the GM-LL-A-025 for Opel and Saab gasoline engines.

The Amsoil Series 3000, 5w-30 is using an additive chemistry that also surpasses the GM-LL-025 specification. I consider this to be a superior formulation when compared to their 5w-40 and it would be my personal choice if I owned a new SAAB turbo.

TS

Hi,
any oils that have GM-LL-025 APPROVAL will have this on the container's label
These oils will also be endorsed with ACEA's accreditation

Castrol for one have a range of products that have such APPROVAL and some (from other Oil Cos too)are Group 3 lubricants I believe.

It is possible that some Amsoil product does have such APPROVAL and this may be able to be checked via GM's German website

You will find FUCHS and other major Oil Companies like Shell and Chevron-Caltex there too I am sure

A sign of the moving times I expect

Regards
wink.gif

Doug

[ February 18, 2005, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Doug Hillary ]

Hi.
Mobil1 0w-40 GM LL A 025 (GAS)30000km/2
GM LL B 025 (Diesel)50000km/2
Motul X-Cess 5w-40 GM LL B 025 50000km/2
there are many GM long life oils listed in the ZC vectra web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back