video of NY finest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that on CNN's site today. The cyclist was (likely) in the wrong. That does not justify the cop's extreme response, though. Apparently that cop never learned that two wrongs do not make a right. He deserves what punishment he (hopefully) has coming besides being off the beat.

How in any way this the cyclist's fault?
21.gif
33.gif

Not condoning the policeman's action, but the video might not tell the whole story.

Perhaps the cyclist was weaving around "bag checkpoints" and refused to stop after he was directed by other officers.

Unprofessional, nonetheless.

edit:The Smoking Gun copy of the officers statement isn't helping the officer's case.

-T

Last edited:
Why speculate that this or that happened before the incident? One can really only comment on what's in the video.

It doesn't look at all like the cop was waiting for that particular bicyclist to stop. He didn't signal the bicyclist or yell at him. It simply looks like that cop for some reason or another decided to take down that guy. The cop is actually running into the path of the bicyclist, who at first veers left to avoid a collision.

I never attend any Critical Mass rides. Too many morons participate on both sides.

That cop needs to be held accountable! This is assualt and battery. Interestingly enough, the cop was probably armed. That means a weapon was involved in a criminal act. If a common criminal were the guilty party in this case, and he had a weapon on him, there would also be a weapons charge.

Throw the book at him. Cops trump up charges all the time.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
What exactly is a "bag checkpoint"?

That's where they kick you in the bag!

none of us have any idea what happened before this cop decided to clock this guy....I really do think that 99.7% of cops would help any one of us but the small % of the bad ones ruin their name. That being said this cop "got a lot of splainin to do"

BTW-that had to hurt.

Hard to imagine a 23 year Police Veteran was actually stupid enough to target that guy for no reason. I would like to believe that something was going on off camera and the cop had to take the guy down. If not that cop is in a world of [censored].

Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back