Lucas UCL MSDS Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to read this document for undertand what this product is made of.

Well it does'nt specify is Writen "Petroleum Hydrocarbon Plus Additives"

I have seen something interesting in the Hazardous Decomposition Products it say : " Carbon monoxide and Carbon dioxide from burning.Oxides from burning.Oxides of phosphorous from burning. Oxides of sulphur."

My question is are all this oxides the kind of oxides that harms the engine ?

The sulphur and phos oxides probably come from ZDDP according to Bruce. The other is just from the base oil burning.

Nothing that you won't find from a motor oil.

Are we talking the FUEL add or the OIL add? The fuel add should NOT have ZDDP in it at all. Its polyisobutylene based from what I have read.

Quote:
I have seen something interesting in the Hazardous Decomposition Products it say : " Carbon monoxide and Carbon dioxide from burning.Oxides from burning.Oxides of phosphorous from burning. Oxides of sulphur."

My question is are all this oxides the kind of oxides that harms the engine ?

NO. These are results of combustion such that when hydrocarbons and elements in additves combine with oxygen, oxides are produced as by-products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxides

Last edited:
Another thing that make me reflect on this additive is the flash point that is not mentioned, but looking to the boiling point more that 371 C° I gess that it doesn't burn with combustion.

So where it goes ?

I will try a 2 stroke oil tc-w3 which burn without ash with combustion.

Originally Posted By: Mephy
Another thing that make me reflect on this additive is the flash point that is not mentioned, but looking to the boiling point more that 371 C° I gess that it doesn't burn with combustion.

So where it goes ?

Just for discussion:

Even if it didn't burn, it would boil during combustion. Water is used to clean CC carbon deposits by boiling (not burning). Perhaps some benefits result from not burning.

Of course it could also turn into a horrible carbonaceous sludge in the CC, but I'm doubting that happens based on the number of users noting benefits, not detriments, from its use.

Infact that is my worry that become sludge.

Let be optimist and think that it boil and clean, so it goes in the oil.
Now for long period about 10.000 Km theoretically the oil level should rise.

Combustion chambers get to around 2000F during combustion so I really don't think there is a whole lot left after the explosion.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Combustion chambers get to around 2000F during combustion so I really don't think there is a whole lot left after the explosion.

I do not agree because this additive has no certification on ashless.

Originally Posted By: Mephy
Originally Posted By: Tempest

I do not agree because this additive has no certification on ashless.

Good point. In fact, if it does have ZDDP, it is not ashless.

Still, I haven't heard of any cars dieing from this stuff.

That "IF" I do not like.

They don't specify what is inside, the fact that the cars don't die doesn't mean that is good staff.

Personally I did not see any diffrence in the milage and noise in the engine since I switched to the synthetic oil.

Quote:
Personally I did not see any diffrence in the milage and noise in the engine since I switched to the synthetic oil.

Were you expecting to?

Well, at least a bit more milage as they mention
LOL.gif

The bottle is almost finisced, I will try a 2 stroke tc-w3 oil and I will see what happen, for sure is cheaper and is ashless

Ding. Plus it has fuel stabilizers, anti-wear and a decent base oil.

I dare someone to replace their 2C oil with UCL in a 2-stroke.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Ding. Plus it has fuel stabilizers, anti-wear and a decent base oil.

And LUCL has..........what? Nothing?

My ears and butt dyno tell me otherwise.

I've tried both 2C oil and lucas at 3 oz per 10 gallons. The only tanks I've noticed differences were the tanks with the greasy slop.
wink.gif

Today I have seen the new version of Lucas UCL it has orange color......maybe now smell of orange....
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back