Cetane booster oil contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does using a cetane booster reduce soot contamination in diesel engine oils? I've recently started using a cetane booster & fuel system cleaner additive and, besides a drop in soot out the exhaust(slight smoke before) and the engine pulling noticeably better, the oil seems to have turned a shade lighter. It was gold/amber when it was new.

It's too late to have a definitive answer on this OCI, it was almost completely black when I started using the cetane booster.

No oil consumption, just seepage round the oil filler cap.

img0285hv6.png

Hi, SonyAd.
I think it will help reduce the contamination getting down into the oil. The fuel will burn more complete and will probably help free the upper valve compression ring. This will lead to better compression and help even more. At least this is my experience.

However, I have now started the use of an additive called Hammerdown DFT1500.
This additive does not increase the cetane number, but makes the fuel burn more easily. You can read more if you Google it, or go to W(orld)W(ide)W(eb).lvpetro.com
This additive is performing well, and also keep your dieseltank free from micro-organism growth, because it emulsifies water into the fuel in a safe way. Without water, micro-organismes can not live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back