If you use Amsoil Diesel Oils Stock up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Pickled reporting on the pending Amsoil price increase and how it will affect your home diesel fleet operating costs. The 10W30 ACD and 5W40 DEO look like they were hit hard by the price increase that's coming in a few days. Current PC price for ACD is $21.65/gallon jug...revised price will be $25.15/gallon jug. The CJ-4 DEO current PC price is $22.75/gallon jug and the revised price will be $27.60/gallon jug. My personal favorite the AME 15W40 is on the move as well. Current PC price is $20.90/gallon jug and the revised price will be $24.85. The award for most expensive diesel oil goes to the HDD 5W30. It had been flirting with the $30/gallon jug mark when it's PC price was $29.75 and as of 8/01/08 that same gallon jug will cost you $33.25. The ever affordable PCO synthetic blend 15W40 is on the move too. PC pricing of $18.10/gallon jug is being revised to $21.70/gallon jug. Mind you that all of the current pricing referenced in this report is stated base pricing before the 5% "energy surcharge"...it is theorized by many experts that many, many, many truck loads of product will be leaving the Amsoil DC's this week! Thats all from the trading floor today.
grin2.gif

Do we have any numbers on the other products and how much more they will be costing us now ? I use the HP injector oil and deciding how much I will save if I stock up now or is the increase minimal ? if anybody is in the know please give me a shout or post it here. as always thanks for the info before hand.

Originally Posted By: pickled
Here's HP Injector Gallon Pricing at PC

Current List $20.95
Future List $24.45

Wow that is a nice little jump there ouch ! guess I will be stocking up and saving a few bucks. I really appreciate the info. thanks again for the help.

No problem...I feel bad for the guys at the Amsoil warehouses because everyone else I know that uses this brand are stocking up too.

Originally Posted By: pickled
No problem...I feel bad for the guys at the Amsoil warehouses because everyone else I know that uses this brand are stocking up too.

Yes, I can only imagine how busy the people in the warehouse will be the next few days. from the looks of it they will be real busy. I missed out on the price increase the last time the injector oil went up and was kicking my self. will not miss out this time and will be sure to have enough for a while. I am sure I can speak for others that say thanks for helping us save a couple of bucks

Another bump up will happen Sept.1st again.

But Big Al say's it's connected to the cost of crude oil and crude oil is connected to synthetic base oil?

Have not figured that one out yet?

That's why the prices plus other factors are going up.

Good news is..crude oil is dropping down and gas is coming down. Anyone think Amsoil will reduce the price back? I don't think they will....but time will tell!

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Another bump up will happen Sept.1st again.

But Big Al say's it's connected to the cost of crude oil and crude oil is connected to synthetic base oil?

Have not figured that one out yet?

That's why the prices plus other factors are going up.

Good news is..crude oil is dropping down and gas is coming down. Anyone think Amsoil will reduce the price back? I don't think they will....but time will tell!

Why don't you include Castrol, Mobil, ConocoPhilips, Shell, and the rest into the statement. Ask them if they are going to lower their prices. You act like Amsoil is the only one. We do see right through that you know.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2

nope & I do not think so. Price [oil] is like $30+ cheaper PPB or 20% less. That is why I switched from Amsoil to Rotella 5w40 in all my diesels (no increase yet). I might order some other items but the price (for me) is getting a little nuts here. I know all items are going higher high but when gas is <$100 PPB will Amsoil still be going higher????

I think Amsoil is worth you based on UOA's I've seen. People need to take advantage of the higher Tbn they have. Run the intervals longer.

What is it exactly that has made their cost of production increase? This makes me wonder if this whole price increase is orchestrated by Amsoil to raise some quick cash for their balance sheet.

Originally Posted By: wright784
What is it exactly that has made their cost of production increase? This makes me wonder if this whole price increase is orchestrated by Amsoil to raise some quick cash for their balance sheet.

Cost of:
Base stocks
Additives
Packaging
Energy
Printing

have all gone up. Who in the world does not understand that in these days?

Originally Posted By: o2man98

Cost of:
Base stocks
Additives
Packaging
Energy
Printing

Yes, and if they don't drop prices now that crude prices are dropping, we will understand even more.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: o2man98

Cost of:
Base stocks
Additives
Packaging
Energy
Printing

Yes, and if they don't drop prices now that crude prices are dropping, we will understand even more.

How about you get on the suppliers and not Amsoil. Obviously they (suppliers) are the problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back