Walker Racing uses M1 in PT's IndyCar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuk

I was photographing Paul Tracy in the Walker Racing garage today, at the Rexall Edmonton Indy...

pt1.jpg

pt2.jpg

and noticed that they are using Mobil 1 0W-40 in his car.

pt3.jpg

pt4.jpg

Honda requires the teams use Mobil 1 0W-40 in the engines, and all engines are leased.

1100 miles between rebuilds, 3.5 litres, 650 horsepower on 98% ethanol, 2% gasoline.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
tracy signed i think a 1 race deal, which might turn into a long term thing.

I hope he does. Would be a good addition.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

i miss the chrome horn.

i miss the chrome horn.

I think most open wheel fans feel the same way. Surprisingly, he is very soft spoken in person, and speaks almost reverently about a lot driver you'd expect him to slag.

Great pics! Never been that big of a PT fan, but I'll cut him some slack since he's wearing Chuck Taylors.
wink.gif

Don't be surprised to see PT full time in Indycar in '09. Walker's all but certain to field a team in '09, but I don't know if it'll be a subsidiary of Vision Racing as is the case in Edmonton this weekend. Also hearing Forsythe is signing up crew members and word is he's fielding a 2-car team for '09, but don't expect to see PT with them. And you might get used to seeing Subway around future IRL races, as they're one of three companies going after title sponsorship for the IRL.

More good inside scoop. Love it. Well, I hope Walker in back in Indycar, he's a very nice gentleman, and I hope PT drives for him.

Pat, any rumor as to who might drive for Forsythe?

Hi,
Porsche Factory teams use M1 0W-40 as do almost all of the Porsche "privateers"

I have a friend who owns a "V8Supercar" team in New Zealand - has done for some years. We recently discussed his engines over a beer (Heineken) or too (he rebuilds two of his own engines and purchases an outside rebuild for another) he uses M1 too. He can get nearly 500hp from his non injected GMV8s but detunes them a little and has never needed to rebuild an engine due to a major failure. Usually he can get a season out of at least one or two of his engines. His son races one car

My friend and I grew up together - he was an expert Go-Cart racer when much younger (now 70) and has always been an excellent engine builder! He uses M1 by choice

More good inside scoop. Love it. Well, I hope Walker in back in Indycar, he's a very nice gentleman, and I hope PT drives for him.

Pat, any rumor as to who might drive for Forsythe?

I read from a writer for the Indy Star that he doubts it'd be any current Indycar drivers driving for Forsythe. Not sure why he's of that opinion, but he's a trustworthy writer. Afterall, he called it a week before IU pulled Tom Crean out of its hat that he'd bet that TC would be the IU coach. I wrote him about that and he said he had some inside info because Tom Crean's wife is Jim Harbaugh's sister, and Jim is a co-owner of Panther Racing, so he got that info through that connection. I get most of my scoop through Curt, so as much as I'd love to come to BITOG and break racing news, he's breaking it on his daily blog: Curt Cavin Blog He takes questions and answers daily (although not all of them he receives). Great writer...he usually doesn't miss on his sources for rumors either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back