Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inflation, weak dollar, receding economy, sky high energy prices, tanking stock market, and TV reruns.
Is this a market bottom?
27.gif

Fidelity TIPS fund and PRPFX are my only holdings as of now. Might need a change of underwear after today... I'm above water though so nothing to complain about.

I have been holding short funds as well, and really don't understand why you pessimistic guys (Gary, Al, etc) don't buy these when the market looks peaky. Too easy. I hold some long foreign stuff that is getting beat, but I will buy more. I have a lot of cash on the side line....I sold a lot of my funds for the April/May warning.

Quote:
June was the worst market month since the Great Depression

Is this a typo? It should read "worst June so far since 1930"

Quote:
Seriously, elections add uncertainty to financial markets.

Oh, you should never doubt that which is uncertain - Wilie Wonka

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
There may be a certain U.S. Senator from Illinois who has something to do with this.

Seriously, elections add uncertainty to financial markets.

Absolufartlutley!!

I think it's way too late to mess around with holding short funds for a longer term position - aka if you're not a day trader. We're 20% off the highs and it's just kind of back and forth volatility now.

My next move is to get out of PRPFX, maybe after today since gold is up like 2%, sit in TIPS a bit, and head for FDFFX. That baby has weathered this bear market better than most conservative or short funds like BEARX!

But what do I know.

Last edited:
My biggest position now is in BEARX, all defensive stocks otherwise CL, ADP, MSFT, KO and a lot of cash that will go somewhere?? in the next couple of days when I decide where the market is going. Anyone have a dartboard?

I'll tell you what, the drywall around my dartboard is in need of some serious work!

I think most of the decline is done and gone with and we will continue the big ups, and the big downs, with maybe a couple more % drop in total, then after the election, things will smooth out (DUH!).

If consumer spending takes any more really big hits though, we may be in trouble. Energy costs are killing us.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I have been holding short funds as well, and really don't understand why you pessimistic guys (Gary, Al, etc) don't buy these when the market looks peaky.

I really for my own reasons prefer not to make money shorting stuff. Its just not me. I really can't explain it. I guess I view it as weakening the market.

I feel somewhat guilty buying DBC, UNG,FCG, KOL Currencies, etc. but at least I can view them as "investments".

I understand that POV completely. Trust me, it's my nature to be long.

But it's not like it moves the market (negatively) to own shares of funds that short lousy companies and indexes.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I understand that POV completely. Trust me, it's my nature to be long.

But it's not like it moves the market (negatively) to own shares of funds that short lousy companies and indexes.

O.K. I understand. I was more like not wanting to short the indexes.

But thanks for not crucifying me on my POV.

Last edited:
I better go after Al, is that what you are saying?
LOL.gif
No....I'll save my ammo....mori says implies I should watch my back.....[censored] I LIKE Al!

I feel like buying....but since when do feelings have anything to do with it?

I've been shorting with QID and SRS. Bought them when they bottomed a few weeks ago. Can't decide whether to sell them right now. Next week will be crucial......key supports have been broken so either we rally or it's going off a cliff. Projections of the Dow at 7500 doesn't give me warm fuzzies right now. I'm 50% cash, and either shorts, currencies or commodities right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back