yardkids ohv wallys lawn mower starting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
help...
I got this ohv self prop mower from wallys and this thing a bear to start once cold.
should put some techron in the gas?

Leave it in the sun a while. I hate newer mowers and prefer an old junker that gives no grief. You should always run "stuff" in the gas, imo. 2-cycle oil plus some Regane or whatever, all the time.

AudiJ - I will try that this weekend,
Highe - it is nearly a new mower at most 15 mows of my very tiny yard (6000 sq ft)
how do I check if the choke is working?
TIA

I assume this mower has no variable throttle control. Does it have a primer bulb? Maybe you are not priming it enough. I'm not sure how chokes work on these newer carbs that just run at max governed speed all the time.

Joel

See if WW will take it back. Maybe you need to spend a little more to have less aggravation. My Honda starts on 1/2 of 1 pull after 3 years. .02.

Yeah, I'd say that if you're sure you're using the the primer bulb (if so equipped) correctly, you just have a POS on your hands. I know that Troy-Bilt doesn't exactly have an outstanding reputation, but the B&S engine they bolted to my Troy Bilt starts and runs like a finely tuned top. A new mower shouldn't be a pain to start. Take it back and trade up.

??? If so you a spark plug(BPR6ES NGK) and to remove and discard the clogged fuel filter inside the fuel line at the tank and replace it with one for a Briggs/Tecumseh without a fuel pump.

No need to put the word junk after Chinese. I have found made in China usually worth what you pay for it or usually less.

You're right you know. AND, don't tell anyone I said this, but the Chondas are getting a little better every year. You just have to go around them and torque all the bolts and nuts down using thread dope on some. The Honda GCV 160 motor on some "cheaper" and a bunch of [censored] mowers isn't exactly top shelf either though. I SAID don't tell anyone!

specs:
no priming bulb
139 CC
choke - yes, yes it does work
not impressed with it.

Update:
looks like overfilled the oil, it smoked like a mof% I pumped some out and cleaned the spark plug and started up after the first turn with gas injected into the spark plug hole.

I want to add an inline fuel filter, but this fuel line has a clear 1/4 tube inside of the fuel line, what the heck is that?

I changing oil this weekend to tropic 10w30

I added tad bit 2 cycle (castrol syn) to gas.

I tried starting it next day, it started on the second pull, yes it was in the blistering michigan heat at 60F ;-)

thanks everyone for their input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back