Run your car engine on water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=110531

First Coast Man Has Water Powered Car In The Works
Posted By: Angela Williams 23 days ago
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- The way things run it seems like to do anything you need the right fuel to get going. Many of us feel that pressure at the pump, but maybe not forever.

"I get 100 miles to the ounce on water," says Anthony Brown while talking about his work in progress. "I can run any water, distilled water, drinking water, tap water,"

Brown says he's close to having the answer. He's fixed his car to run on mostly water.

"Right now it's using a little bit of gas. If anything it's getting a fuel vapor. I've got the fuel injection system shut down," says Brown.

We wanted to have mechanic look at his project along with us.

"Can we pull the cover off and uh get to the injector part of it?" says a mechanic with Whites Automotive. "Sure," says Brown. "When you separate the water from the oxygen from the hydrogen, it cooks and it cooks down to a brown color. We're not having any waste product off of it. Everything is consumed and burned."

Consumed, burned, and also for a good cause. This self-proclaimed inventor also runs the Wings of Love Ministry. He says the profits he makes from this invention will go towards helping missionaries around the world.

"I've just been asking for a way the Lord to show me to raise money rapidly and I started working on this idea," says Brown.

There are still a few gaps and steps to work out but the dream is there and so is the potential refreshing source.

Anthony Brown says he hopes to have the car running completely on water within the next few months.

First Coast News

In the Navy, my boat had a machine that broke down water into hydrogen and oxygen, we nicknamed it "the Bomb" (for a good reason)!

But, maybe these guys are running their cars on 1970 Cuyahoga River water!

If your car runs on a computer you'd actually get worse gas mileage from running your car off of brown's gas(HHO). The extra oxygen will make your car think it's running lean and try to richen the mixture by adding more fuel.
I don't know how it'd work on a carburated car though.

LOL.
I'm not for running cars on water anyway. The last thing we need is to deplete (fresh)water at a faster rate than we do now; and for water prices to increase. We already constantly have droughts and farmers losing crops as it is.
Electric cars are the only feasible future.

Originally Posted By: Vengeance
If your car runs on a computer you'd actually get worse gas mileage from running your car off of brown's gas(HHO). The extra oxygen will make your car think it's running lean and try to richen the mixture by adding more fuel.

I disagree, the H will be bonded back to the O, the Hs and Os are a perfect stoic. mix

Dave

Originally Posted By: n8wvi

I disagree, the H will be bonded back to the O, the Hs and Os are a perfect stoic. mix

Dave
By your reasoning, then since there is more nitrogen in the air than oxygen, there should never be any left over oxygen(NOx) and oxygen sensors in the exhaust would be useless for determining air/fuel ratio. Since that is obviously not the case, then like I said, the increased oxygen will make your engine think it's lean and attempt to richen the mixture.

I know of 3 people who've ran brown's gas and each one of them got an average of 2-3mpg worse mileage, but they each tested on computer controlled cars. I don't think a carburated, mechanically controlled engine would have this problem, but I've never seen one tested with brown's gas.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
A totally new camshaft is needed, for a car engine to run on water.
Do you mean to supplement with brown's gas, or pure water?
Explain why any of the 4 strokes would be different.

Quote:
By your reasoning

None of the rest made any sense so I won't repeat it. You add a perfect mix of hydrogen and oxygen as Brown's gas to an unknown mixture and when all of the Brown's gas burns, you've added water and heat to the unknown mixture. The mixture should do whatever it was going to do before but with a bit of heat and inert material in the way.

If there is extra oxygen from the addition of Brown's gas then there is extra hydrogen too. You paid to produce both and it runs out the tailpipe as if it was an inert gas. I have plenty of inert gas for free. Why should I pay to make more?

Quote:
I know of 3 people who've ran brown's gas and each one of them got an average of 2-3mpg worse mileage

That's what I would expect. You aren't producing Brown's gas in significant enough quantity to make any difference or draw noticeable power. 1 gallon of gas in 30 miles consumes 92 pounds of air. If you were to electrolyze 1 quart of water that would only be 2 pounds of Brown's gas most of which is oxygen which I can get for free. Even at this impractically high rate of water consumption we are only reaching 2 percent. A real hydroxy unit will produce much less. Hydrogen must do something really amazing to work in that small of concentration. With all the mpg improvements it seems that someone would figure out what that is.

I know someone who installed a HAFC and the mileage went from 18 to 26. If it was only unregulated hydroxy that got that improvement I would be impressed. Thanks to some of my BITOG additions which have nothing to do with hydroxy the claim is now up to 30.

By your reasoning, then since there is more nitrogen in the air than oxygen, there should never be any left over oxygen(NOx) and oxygen sensors in the exhaust would be useless for determining air/fuel ratio. Since that is obviously not the case, then like I said, the increased oxygen will make your engine think it's lean and attempt to richen the mixture.

You're joking...aren't you ?

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
A totally new camshaft is needed, for a car engine to run on water.
Do you mean to supplement with brown's gas, or pure water?
Explain why any of the 4 strokes would be different.

You only need a two stroke cycle for a car to run on water. One intake stroke where pressurized water from the overhead storage tank enters the engine and pushes down the piston, and another to expel the water out the tailpipe at low pressure.

so if you split up the atoms to only vent hydrogen through the intake. How will the computer compensate it? IE. How will it react with modern car nows that monitors O2 sensors.

If you were splitting the two gasses and not adding the oxygen to the intake, the O2 sensors WOULD have to compensate for the reduced O2.

But these simple kits keep the gasses mixed, so the hydrogen is introduced with enough oxygen to cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back