Board Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that recently members have been making derogatory remarks about each other and belittling various post. If you can not treat another member with respect please do not post. Each member has a right to their own opinion. Please read the board rules and remember there will be no Sex, Religion or Politics on this site. If it contains anything with political content then it is politics. Remember this site is about Oil and Additives and I want it to be a place for members to come and relax. Helen Riek

I hope you're not setting your sites on me. I've taken a tough stance on assertions (without calling anyone names - man, if my boss heard that, he'd punch me in the stomach and call me a wussy!) that need a tough rebuttall. After all, we all want this site to be about facts, right?

Let the facts lay out on the table for all to ponder, that's all I have to say. Arguing about oil is how I relax (and my psychiatrist hates the fact he's not making a dime of that...!
LOL.gif
)

With respect, Drew.

11.gif

Last edited:
Where is the line drawn for "politics?" Obviously it applies to critical comments about government officials. But does it also apply to talking about laws (e.g. discussion of speed limits and following distances)? What about politically charged but not inherently political topics such as global warming (or fossil fuel's impact on it) and energy conservation? I'm guessing it applies to discussions on trade policies, although that can tie in to discussions comparing automobile manufacturers.

I realize the site's primarily about oil but I believe the general auto forum is a very positive part of it, and I can imagine some confusion with respect to what discussion is allowed.

If the rules are going to be enforced I, for one, would like to know what's off limits.

Not trying to spark debate, just an honest question.

EDIT: Actually, I realize "global warming" discussion is already expressly forbidden. I'm still curious as to what other politically charged but non-political topics are against the rules.

Last edited:
All,

Look at the definition of inflammatory below. I think we can all agree that RSP can be very inflammatory. What we are trying to accomplish by banning all RSP discussion is to keep BITOG a friendly place to hang out. Unfortunately there is no way to exactly define what is RSP and what is not. We simply rely on our moderators good judgment to decide what is or what could potentially be inflammatory and lock or delete the post/threads. This may not always be perfect, but it's as close as we're going to get.

American Heritage Dictionary:
in·flam·ma·to·ry Audio Help (ĭn-flām'ə-tôr'ē, -tōr'ē) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Arousing passion or strong emotion, especially anger, belligerence, or desire.
2. Characterized or caused by inflammation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back