Best diesel oil for a fair price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found the forum yesterday. I tried a search real qiuck, but no luck. Maybe this is to broad of a question, not real sure. Looking for the best diesel oil for a reasonable price. Im working on a budget.

thanks
jason

The application matters in this case. What is the vehicle and what is the original specification requirement?

dieseldodge,
welcome2.gif
to BITOG.

Jason: Welcome!!! Any of the top 5 in my opinion will work great. As long as you don't go beyond a 5K mile OCI.

Delo 400-M1 Delvac-Rotella-Pennzoil-Castrol.

Our local WM carries all 5 brands. Average price is $10.25 a gal.
Autozone prices were around $11.95 a gal. Wish we had a Costco here in Oklahoma. I'm sure their price would be below both.

Originally Posted By: dieseldodge
Looking for the best diesel oil for a reasonable price. Im working on a budget.

I believe the Walmart Universal 15w-40 has shown some rather good wear numbers, comparable to similar conventional name brands, and at $7.94 per gallon you're not going to find anything much cheaper these days.

Found 5 gal of Coastal CJ-4 for $6 ea the other day at Advance Auto, but the other stores are still at $8 ea. Plenty fine for an older diesel IMO.

At WalMart the jugs are all a gallon except the Motorcraft which is a 5qt jug and is the better price. They are all good oils and my suggestion would be to go with the MC since it has an extra quart for the money.

Originally Posted By: pickled
Delo oils control wear pretty darn good...not to expensive either.

01.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back