Stuck oil control rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.auto-rx.com follow the directions to a T.

Or, if you don't want to spend that much money, do a quick solvent flush with BG Quick Clena, or Pyrol engine flush. I've used BG quick clean successfully without any harm.

Whichever route you choose, in addition, I would also get a can of Seafoam deep creep, remove the spark plugs, and spray deep creep into the cylinders and let it soak overnight.

Hope that helps. I've done ALL of the above on my 94 Corolla and it helps.

Oh, and once you get it all cleaned out, put new plugs in it and be meticulous about oil changes. I'd also use a HM oil such as Maxlife. Maxlife has really cut the consumption in my Corolla, and it has a bit more detergency to keep things clean.

Last edited:
I'd try AutoRX since it *may* help.

Does your car have the 1ZZFE motor?

I've got a 2005 Corolla with 106k and nothing yet. I use about 24oz per 4k miles if running syn and less than 4 oz if running conventional oil. Commute is 50 miles one way from Provo to NSLC.

Welcome!

Bill

How do you know if the problem is really the oil control ring or something else? Are you just burning more oil than you think you should. I would certainly give Auto-Rx a try. It will clean crud around the ring packs.

If you are just burning oil (tailpipe is blueish) it could be:
valve stem seals or worn rings or cruded up rings.

Has a compression test been done?

Chances are, nothing short of major engine work will help... if that is in fact the problem.

How do you know that you have stuck oil rings? There are several other possible causes of oil burning.

Originally Posted By: onion
How do you know that you have stuck oil rings? There are several other possible causes of oil burning.

Well, too many internet "echo chambers" going on, that's why...

Q.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back