Amsoil Metal Protector and HD metal protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Just wanted to get your opinions on amsoil mp and hd mp. I use a lot of amsoil products. But wanted to know if this uses synthetics or just like wd 40. There is not a lot of info about it on the site.

I dont know if it is a synthetic wax, like an F-T byproduct, but it distributes a nice, waxy product over metal. Its a funny brown color so there is surely something else in there.

JMH

Amsoil has the MSDS's on file for these for your review...they show an interesting mix of CAS#'s for the various formulations. I really am a fan of the regular MP for 95% of my shop needs. The heavy duty stuff is more like an undercoating. Put MPHD on the deck of your lawnmower, or on the inside of your Jeep's wheel wells. Regular MP is outstanding for keeping firearms clean and cleaning up hand tools that have taken a serious beating (think crescent wrenches rescued from under a deck).

I've used the MP for years for all kinds of applications, but now I may have to try some of the MPHD thanks to pickled's recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back