Rigged for weather and Long Haul Truckin'
20 miles/day round trip

2113997489_47bcaeb9c4_o.jpg

2113997815_e43e608e79_o.jpg

2113997529_82ea08d48a.jpg

2113194587_005131d552_o.jpg

You asked for it, so here goes. This is an older shot of the bike parking area;

parking.jpg

From right to left-Orbea Orca (cracked frame my old road bike), Giant FCR 1W (wifes commuter), Felt F50 (roommates road bike), Orbea Diva (wifes road ride), Orbea Orca (my current road ride), Giant Yukon (roommates MTB), Santa Cruz Blur (my mountain bike), and an old Raleigh (my fixed gear road bike).

Since that photo was taken, there have been a few 'changes'. The Orbea Diva (wifes road bike) has been replaced with a Giant OCR C2, the Giant Yukon has gone to a new home, the wife built a Salsa Dos Niner to replace her Giant Trance W (not pictured), our new roommate brought in a Cannondale F29 mountian bike and an Orbea Lobular, and I got a new mountain bike; a Giant Trance 0.

11-13-2007-CIMG2002.jpg

These last 2 are just fun shots I wanted to throw in of our team from this years MS150.

crew.jpg

crew2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AHC
bmph8ter - Nice bikes!

Thanks, it helps alot that my wife works at our LBS.

My road bike - '07 Motobecane Le Champion Team w/Campy Record 10 carbon goodies

PICT0035.jpg

My old Trek 2300 - sold in summer '07

PICT0027.jpg

My '03 Ellsworth MTB

Pict0054.jpg

A few pics of the 'herd' (Sold the Specialized in '06)

Pict0055.jpg

My old Fisher hardtail - sold the components - still have the damaged frame in my attic

Dcp_0038.jpg

wavinwayne – nice rides and nice view out your garage door. My sister moved to Foley, AL and I visited your part of the country recently. Very pretty and very friendly.

lpcmidst128 - I see you have lights and bells. Do you commute by bike?

Keep them coming.

I don't commute by bike but I do a mixed street and trail riding. Sometimes I go riding and get back late so I need the lights to see and be seen. Bell is useful to let people known a bicycle is passing. Mountain bikes are probably not great for everyday commute riding since they are heavier and more rolling resistance. I've never tried riding those road racing bikes before though.

The lights I have are Planet Bike brand.
1200 krypton headlight
Blinky 7 led rear
Blinky 3 led rear

You can put a street tire on a mountain bike. The Specialized ATB that I have on my bike are very smooth yet grippy on roads and hardpack; unsuitable for riding on sand and gravel, though.

My new one, Diamondback Response Comp.
I checked about 6 other bikes in $600-700 range, and this is the one I like best. SRAM X-5 FD/RD, Avid BB5 disc brakes, Sun Ditch Witch Rims, Marzocchi MZ fork,
Pix taken before I took off those pesky reflectors.
Going to get it dirty tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
That would sort of defeat one or two of the main reasons to ride a bike, wouldn't it?!

Speed and oneness with the wind? Say it ain't so...I'll have to lose this sheteatin' grin I guess.

I don't know about you, but for me, it's exercise and fun. Also I make enough noise just pedaling, an engine would sorta bring down the mood out on the trails.
If you're speeding and grinnin', keep on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back