New Motor Oil -- Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peak motor oil is the new series sponsor for Indycar Racing. I did not know until this announcement that they made motor oil. It appears that they only currently have conventional oil in their lineup. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? If Peak doesn't make it themselves, I wonder who does?

It will be interesting if someone tries it and does a UOA, or even a VOA.

No one's had any experience with it yet because it's brand new. From what I've read, it'll hit AutoZone shelves next month, and other places in '08. I'll bet we'll see a VOA by the end of the year.
patriot.gif

Peak has made motor oil in the past but did not have much success with it. Looks like they are trying a new marketing approach this time. The last oil they sold was blended by a blender in the Chicago area. No clue who is making this product for them now.

They have a 2/3 page introductory ad in this months NPN Petroleum and Convenience Magazine. The ad states they have a full line of conventional multigrade motor oils, ATF, gear lubricants and hydraulic oils.

NOACK of 15.2 for the 10w-30? That doesn't even qualify for SM, which limits it at 15 I thought. All the NOACKS are terrible, along with low flash points under 400 degrees F.

This stuff SUCKS!

Maybe Havoline makes it? I remember the old Havoline bottles with the engrave next to the cap. These bottles have it to.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Peak has made motor oil in the past but did not have much success with it. Looks like they are trying a new marketing approach this time. The last oil they sold was blended by a blender in the Chicago area. No clue who is making this product for them now.

I've heard that a midwest-area blender mixes it up for them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back