cabin filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about "better", but Fram sells them with Arm&Hammer baking soda in them for smell retention. Like an open box in a refrigerator.

Micron Air is the brand for many OEM's. Many of the aftermarket brands I have purchased had Micron Air stamped on them. Better? I don't know but those direct from Micron Air do fit better in our two cars.

I do not know if one is better but, I just purchased a NTK one made from China. Bought it from Kragen on special order. It looks and fits the same as OEM or Micron. One that should perform differently are the Arm and Hammer or Filtrete filters which, you find in home ventilation systems.

Last edited:
Micronair seems to be the most expensive. Not sure if that is an indication of quality. I just bought some Mann charcoal ones - my car takes two.

Originally Posted By: EricZoom
I put a Wix one in my Mazda 6, and for the price it seems to be fine.

How did your wix fit? thinking of going with a wix...

did it seem cheap of flimsy??

Got a Purolator Cabin filter. Flimsy made and had a filler piece so it would fit holder, Returned it and got a Bosch (Miconair) for the same price. Well constructed filter with a nice foam gasket for a perfect fit.

Drew

Originally Posted By: daman
How did your wix fit? thinking of going with a wix...

did it seem cheap or flimsy??

I use Wix on my truck and they're good quality media with foam gasket

Fit perfectly and after a year in use they come out just as rigid as when they were new

Unlike my Wix oil and fuel filters that are made in USA and Canada, the cabins are made in Poland

Those new Frams with Arm&Hammmer baking soda are made in China...

Update: I installed my Mann charcoal filters, but they don't fit as nicely as Micronair that I had in there before. Next time I'm spending the few extra bucks and getting Micronair. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Man i have to change my wifes 10 year old cabin filter.

Pictures when you do!

I have used the Napa Gold (Wix) with good luck. I have also used Bosch from Autozone. Both work fine, but the Napa Gold had a lot sturdier frame.

Last edited:
When I last replaced my expensive cabin filter for my '96 Contour I purchased a Purolater instead of the Motorcraft I used last time. Low and behold it was the identical Mann?? filter for half the price
banana2.gif
. I'll open the box for the next one to see who and where it was made before I purchase it. They seem to get real dirty in a short time compared to the engine air filter. I don't think it was charcoal either, for my car anyway

Whimsey

Most of the micronAir cabins are made in the US and Germany.

I have a friend who works at a Nissan dealership and he said micronair made all of thier OE filters. He said he went to a class and cabin air filter replacement is one of the fastest growing products going on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back