Quaker State Q vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm thinking on trying once Quaker State synthetic "Q" and was wondering how you all feel about this oil???? Currently I'm using Mobil 1 so in comparison do you consider "Q" just as good as M1???

Durango

That response told you more than you think. Try each oil, as oils perform differently in different engines, and let a UOA tell you which one works best in YOUR engine.

Originally Posted By: Durango
so in comparison do you consider "Q" just as good as M1???Durango

IMO,,no way,,especially when your talking about M1's 0w40 or there HM line,not in my book it's not.

I guess I have no choice then. Your responce didn't tell me anything.

Anyone else can give me some info using the "Q"???

Durango

Personally, my Colorado 4X4 preferred the Q over M-1.
But my engine and your engine are not the same.

You cannot determine how your engine reacts to various oils by hearsay here. That exploration must come from you - by using both in a testing manner.

Originally Posted By: daman
so in comparison do you consider "Q" just as good as M1???Durango

IMO,,no way,,especially when your talking about M1's 0w40 or there HM line,not in my book it's not.

I 2nd that ^^

Thank you guys/gals for your replies. This is what I wanted to hear from you all.

In either case I just bought 6 quarts of the "Q" in 5W-30 weight and will be trying it out in my 4.7 engine pretty soon. If it works out then I'll have another good oil to refer too if my main oils not in stock.

So far I've used/tried 2 others so far (M1 and Valvoline) all synthetic and they work well in my Durango 4.7.

Thanks again,

Durango

Good choice.
thumbsup2.gif
Run it with confidence.

ThirdeYe,

Thank you for your thumbs-up type confidence reply!

I'll let you all know what I see/find when it's installed at the Durango's OCI.

Durango

IMO, many oils are 'better' than M1 if we're talking about common viscosities of 5w-20, 5w-30, 10w-30.

If we switch to the other viscosities, 0w-20, 0w-40, 15w-50, Mobil1 fares better. M1 0w-20 SM doesn't have the top-shelf showing that the SL product had IMO.

I'm just not too overjoyed by much of M1's product line anymore. PP, Q Synth and similar Group III competitors seem to have closed the gap from SL to SM spec.

TototaNSaturn,

I've been a Mobil 1 fan since they pretty much introduced it in California diring the late 80's years. I've used it in my 89' Camry pretty religiously and I'm happy for the results it's given me since then. Currently my Camry 4 cylinder has about 230K on it and seems to be happy with this oil medium since I can get it from my local Toyota dealership. In my Durango 4.7 V-8 getting/buying that 6 quarts of M1 is getting to my pocket book due to the high gas prices here in Los Angeles where the highest price for gas is $4.20/gallon for Shell!!! With this in mind I need to consider saving a few bucks for my truck/SUV and the Quaker State "Q" is just a few bucks lower in price compared to M1. If the "Q" works out then perhaps I'll strongly consider using it as a standard in my truck.

Thanks for your swift reply.

Durango

Last edited:
Drivebelt,

Since bought new I've changed both car/truck by the book regardless of how much life is left in the M1. For the Toyo it's about every 3500 miles and the truck it's every 3000 miles.

As far as filters go I use the factory versions as I take mine in to the dealership cuz our complex doesn't allow me to change oil on the premisses.

Durango

Well, O Torque is going in for the 1st time later this week - as soon as I have the Amsoil PI out of the tank. I usually run PP or ASL.

Will lave it in only about 4-5k - got it super cheap on a rebate...

Will post how it does...

Most any oil SM/SL "dino" will last 5,000 miles with excellent results I do not see how running the Quaker syn oil for 5,000 miles will provide any usefull information. You are fooling yourself thinking there is a benefit running syn oil at your oil change intervals.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
You are fooling yourself thinking there is a benefit running syn oil at your oil change intervals.

There is always a benefit to running syn,,better hot weather and
cold winter performance/protection from a syn,no matter how long his OCI is..

I got just as good of results using Mobil Clean 5000 as I did running QSHP. I also had more startup noise with the Q. I won't be using it again.

Not only is QS synthetic cheap its great oil. I havent tried it but Ive used their dino plenty of times to know they make a quality oil. $19 vs 21$ is not going to save you a lot of money but you can get your oil and 4 tacos at jack in the box with QS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back