Valvoline Synpower or Pennzoil Platinuim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure what to recommend, as I have yet to receive my instructions from the "secret society."

Both are quality oils. If they are the same price, I'd opt for PP based on my experience (used in my Saturn for 1.5 yr) and favorable reviews at BITOG. Otherwise go for what is cheaper.

Right now SynPower is $.99 after rebate... fyi.

100 more miles out of a tank of gas huh? Thats a monumental increase, sounds like the pot of gold has been found.

Originally Posted By: Jason8691
100 more miles out of a tank of gas huh? Thats a monumental increase, sounds like the pot of gold has been found.

So he claims, I did other things for his car like the tire pressure, air filter, and telling him to keep it to about 65 / 70 max with CC on the highway.

Last edited:
Which ever is on sale. I personely think that PP is a better or more inovative product but either will work. I have a garage floor full of PP because of BOGO sales at AAP but last time I was their Valvoline Synpower was Bogo so I bought that. I need to buy oil like a fat man needs cookies but hey a good deal is a good deal!

I've been using Valvoline SynPower 10W-30 in my 94 Toyota T-100 V-6 for about 100K (present mileage is 238k)with zero problems. My dad used Valvoline oil for years with no lubrication problems. In my opinion Valvoline makes an excellent oil. I have no experience with Pennzoil.

Go for the Valvoline. I am using it right now in the wifes car. Got a BOGO on the synpower a couple months ago. Still have 5 quarts of it sitting around for when I dump out my current fill of Mobil 1.
PP seems to be all the rage right now on this board. But I think we need to see alot more use and results reported on the Synpower.
I plan on posting some UOA's of the Synpower in both our vehicles as soon as our next OCI's are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back