Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate to sound wishy washy. Any that followed me since early Jan. knew I was very direct & precise with my calls.

When I started getting real aggressive with S/T trades in mid Dec. I was a full blown bear but played it both ways without hedging, which much of it you saw. It probably took me 3 weeks to figure out that pattern projection, which has now turned and in reality has 2 options until mid-ish May.

Anyway we made a mint the past 4 months trading this pig and I for one could care less what happens the next few weeks. By the time I get back from Wis. the new fork in the road should be set.

If you want my help this summer contact me directly in 4-5 weeks and I'll see if something can be worked out.

chow

Well Pablo's sold out and CMHJ's gone on vacation.
This means something, but I'm not sure what......
55.gif

I may liquidate what's left, and head to the Blackjack tables at Vegas.....

...and definitely not the second coming.
LOL.gif

How 'bout that Google & overall Market today??

My company 401K is still down about 5% for the year. My roth IRA got crushed yesterday because it is mainly my hedging/counter-cyclical account (no taxes so I take big risks). But still up 8% there for the year. My regular brokerage is up about 4% for the year.

Hello from cheeseland.

Just a fast note.

Next time frame of importance appears to be mid or mid/late May. Hi or low? IMO a high if we get any S/T weakness.

Actions going into mid May should finalize the road map for several months.

That’s it for any public releases.

Originally Posted By: cmhj

4/14
This is the last freebie. You made a ton if you followed all my trades from early Jan. to early April.

Possible road map

If we get a pop tomorrow and rollover into later this week we'll make a S/T low by next Mon. or so.

If the above happens we should pop into later next week, Thurs. or so.

If that all stays on coarse a major low should hit in early May.

The alternate, which right now doesn't fit very well is another day or 2 of weakness, a pop into late April or early May, then a big dip into mid May and up.

Either way, as of tonight May looks like the next big buy.

Good Luck with the next bear cycle.

Oh ya, a third option I almost forgot to mention as I'm getting things ready to leave again tomorrow.

If we turn up and overall hold into early next week, that might be another big sell.

4/16

I toggled everything to cash at the last min. today.

Heading out for a long well earned vacation in Wis.

chow

4/17

Got an e-mail question.

You posted everything was toggled to cash. Is that including all March buys?

Answer, Yes

4/17

The road map is a bit clearer now. This is our favored scenario with early May our second pick.

Kind of a 6 of one and 6 of the other.

chow

4/17

I really hate to sound wishy washy. Any that followed me since early Jan. knew I was very direct & precise with my calls.

When I started getting real aggressive with S/T trades in mid Dec. I was a full blown bear but played it both ways without hedging, which much of it you saw. It probably took me 3 weeks to figure out that pattern projection, which has now turned and in reality has 2 options until mid-ish May.

Anyway we made a mint the past 4 months trading this pig and I for one could care less what happens the next few weeks. By the time I get back from Wis. the new fork in the road should be set.

If you want my help this summer contact me directly in 4-5 weeks and I'll see if something can be worked out.

chow

Hello from cheeseland.

Just a fast note.

Next time frame of importance appears to be mid or mid/late May. Hi or low? IMO a high if we get any S/T weakness.

Actions going into mid May should finalize the road map for several months.

That’s it for any public releases.

So we will wait see if, and how bad, you actually missed the mark.

Its been awhile since I gave you all a gift but here you go.

AUO announced earnings today and blew them out of the water. Estimates were .48 cents against a year ago loss of .20 and they earned $1.12 per share. Estimates for next Q are .60 cents and they pretty much projected around $1.00 per share as a conservative estimate (I did the numbers).

This company which formerly was known as Acer and made computers found that they made more money selling their LCD moniters and started focusing on that business and today they make LCD screens for Large TVs, handheld games, computer monitors and laptop screens, keychains, GPS units, phones, and other assorted electronics.

I believe that this is a high growth industry with a lot of room for growth. Some analysts believe that its commodity driven based upon a weak 2004 when supply outstripped demand. Still, AUO and the other 2-3 LCD makers seem to be more interested in establishing margin viability rather than increasing production.

With the lack of capex expenditures due to establishing margin viability rather than expanding production the company is starting to earn a nice return on its sales. They reported in their conference call that margins should remain relatively stable in the upcoming year.

AUO with this earnings report is showcasing wonderful sales and earnings growth and it looks like pricing will be stable in the future in a growing industry. And for all this wonderful news you pay the outstanding price of less than 5X earnings. Yes thats right friends it has a projected 2008 PE under 5. I dont post here often very much these days but every now and again Im invested in a stock that I believe in that just may be worth your due diligence.

Happy Motoring All,

:eek:)

Bugshu

Originally Posted By: Pablo

So we will wait see if, and how bad, you actually missed the mark.

LOL I can see you have all the answers. So I'll just let you make all the calls.

Actually I need to pull back on this until I see how the whole week ends.

We might have a S/T low by Thurs. If so May might change the leap frog game a great deal.

TWT

Having a blast out here. Too much fun to bother trading much. Just showing the trading partners the oil boards.

Yeah I wasn't long since Oct. You probably noticed all my posts about my short and ultrashort funds. I don't make many calls. And I certainly don't have a track record as great as yours. I'm just not sure why you have to be so darn sensitive. I want to post my true feelings in a thread that's been running for years, not cmhj's thread, not my thread - all of BITOG's thread.

Anyway - I'm watching.

Kind of a weird day. My portfolio doesn't move much each day because I'm so much % cash. Some of my weird stuff was down a little. PFO did good though.

Why do I think Friday will be a telling day?

I got a raise, so time to put even more in the catch up 401K provision. Gotta love that. Maxed out. All is going to cash, matching is GY stock.

The last week has been strange. I have no idea what is going on. There was a minor commodity collapse and dollar surge in the face of some bad news. Plus, none of the credit market indices inspire any confidence (surging LIBOR). I'm perplexed as to why the equities markets are rallying. If it is like late march, the dollar surge might be causing more hedge funds to short cover by selling their winners (commodities). That is the only story that could explain what is going on. If someone knows something else, I'd love to hear it.

Well, here we go.........

The economy is not that bad off per the GDP announcement today, Ben may lower or keep the rate steady which doesn't matter much.

I want to make a HUGE decision today - do I go in BIG to ride a potential run or keep assets as they are until we get another downturn...?

I am about 65% cash right now. The rest is Domestic & Int'l quality Mutual Funds.

??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back