Quick Delo 400 vs Rotella T

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the extra moly a benefit in the delo 400 over the rotella i have looked at the VOAs and seen whats there and that seems to be the main difference i can see any others that i might have missed. i am going to be adding this oil to my Ford 460 and an old toyota 2TZ-FE what would be the better choice Delo or Rotella?

I've used Delo, Rotella, Delvac, and Mystik in 500 HP Detroits with darn goods results for over a million miles per truck. Of course each truck stayed with the same brand. At the million mark I could not tell any difference between the 4 oils. I settled on only using Delo because of the price with the bulk dealer. He delivers it in 55 gallon drums and furnishs the pump. Ive always used Delo in my cars and pickups with no problems.

Originally Posted By: Gillsy
Delo regardless of cost.

We need to talk. I have some I would love to sell you for let's say $40 a gallon.
grin2.gif

Heck, I have a couple of cases of the Delo 5W40 I would let go for 40 dollars a gallon...

Originally Posted By: chief
I've used Delo, Rotella, Delvac, and Mystik in 500 HP Detroits with darn goods results for over a million miles per truck. Of course each truck stayed with the same brand. At the million mark I could not tell any difference between the 4 oils. I settled on only using Delo because of the price with the bulk dealer. He delivers it in 55 gallon drums and furnishs the pump. Ive always used Delo in my cars and pickups with no problems.

good to know

brandontyler65 -

Both of these oils, and I'll throw in Delvac and Tection Extra here too, are fantastic oils. If you're not going to do UOAs with any regularity, than I'd buy any of these oils you can find on sale. They will all perform admirably.

Rotella....You're not going to notice a bit of difference between them...The oils are so close that the only real difference is wether or not you change the oil at the proper intervals.

Since we're taking about Delo, I had an interesting experience looking for it that might be of interest to the group.

I'll have to start off by saying I am a very new resident of the Phoenix area, so for those of you that live here and already know this, forgive the repeat.

I spent the better part of today calling around to all of the usual places, trying to find some 5w40 Delo 400 Synthetic. Wally..no dice. Pepboys...nope. Autozone...nope. Checkers...nada. I even ended up calling the Chevron distributor and he said it was a special order item and since nobody was asking for it, he didn't have any. He really didn't even seem interested in ordering any. Thinking I was out of luck, I ran across a reference on the Chevron website that Costco carries it.
So I called a few Costcos around Phoenix and no luck.

While using the internet, looking for other Costco's to call, I somehow ended up on the Costco Business site, where I found exactly what I was looking for...even listed the Costco item number. Turns out there is a Costco Business Center here in Phoenix and with a quick call, verified that they did in fact have it in stock. I drove over after work and picked up a couple gallon jugs.

So if you're in Phoenix and looking for synthetic Delo in 5w40, Costco has it. It was the only place I could find it.

Delo would be my choice because I can get it for a good price at Costco. Which every one is cheapest in your part of the world is the best choice. There is no technical difference between them, nothing. They are all excellent oil's.

lol ya i live in phoenix too. if you want to find any of These go to their location or call them and tell them what you are looking for you can get cases to 55gal drums they got all of it and at a decent price. i think they got bought by western refining though. but what ever you want they will get it for you. i use them for most of my lubricant needs i used to get M1 from them for 2.83/qt reg price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back