Lexus RX330 complete brake job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my parts
101_0106.jpg

ACDelco states to never use any solvent based product to clean the rotors. However, since you need to remove the packing oil, go ahead and use brake cleaner anyway, but follow-up with the recommended soap and water wash. I think the brake cleaner might leave a residue that causes problems.

The parts look great. I guess Raybestos is finally improving their quality? Let us know how the install turns out. Be sure to bed-in the pads.

i would always rinse in warm water, wipe off with a paper towel, the non lint kind. then i would spray them with brake cleaner and throw them on the car.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

The parts look great. I guess Raybestos is finally improving their quality? Let us know how the install turns out. Be sure to bed-in the pads.

These look like jewelry compared to the ones at the dealer! I am going to bed them in with the 30x30mph-5mph stops with some cruising in between. Another method I have used is 10-30mph stops then on the freeway 10-55mph to 20mph gradual slowdowns (late night) then 10-30mph stops. Which do you think is better?

The pads on the car were done the second way and lasted over 40k with the wife at the wheel.
shocked2.gif

I think I'll try the 100mph to 20mph in my development..
grin2.gif
Acually, I used that 60 mph procedure before and it works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PT1
I think I'll try the 100mph to 20mph in my development..
grin2.gif

It'd be funny if you got pulled over and you had to explain yourself to the cop.

"Sir/Ma'am, I was uhh....."

LOL.gif

Well all done! Everything went without any issues and I went out and did my 30-30 bed in procedure so I am good to go. I want to thank everyone here who helped me with this project, I really appreciate all the advice and tips. Note: tha quality of the raybestos parts is excellent and I highly recommend them. Thanks again everyone!!
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Well all done! Everything went without any issues and I went out and did my 30-30 bed in procedure so I am good to go. I want to thank everyone here who helped me with this project, I really appreciate all the advice and tips. Note: tha quality of the raybestos parts is excellent and I highly recommend them. Thanks again everyone!!
cheers3.gif

cheers3.gif

Now gives us an early review of the pads.

How's the stopping power compared to the previous "mystery" semi-metallic pads? How about compared to the OE Lexus pads?

cheers3.gif

cheers3.gif

Now gives us an early review of the pads.

How's the stopping power compared to the previous "mystery" semi-metallic pads? How about compared to the OE Lexus pads?

They stop fine but really too early to tell as I didn't want to overheat them too much but no noise, judder, pull and the pedal is very good for brand new rotors. I'll report back in about a week after the wife breaks em in. The mystery pads ate up some big channels in the back side of the front rotors. I'm glad they are gone. I cleaned one set off with brake cleaner to try to identify them but no markings. So who knows?
21.gif

They stop fine but really too early to tell as I didn't want to overheat them too much but no noise, judder, pull and the pedal is very good for brand new rotors. I'll report back in about a week after the wife breaks em in. The mystery pads ate up some big channels in the back side of the front rotors. I'm glad they are gone. I cleaned one set off with brake cleaner to try to identify them but no markings. So who knows?
21.gif

I might be able to figure it out if you can post a picture of the pads.

21.gif

I might be able to figure it out if you can post a picture of the pads.

Too late they are at the bottom of the trash can and the wife packed some disgusting stuff on top....besides she already thinks I'm crazy for posting pics of new parts...if I start posting dirty used parts she will want to send me to the boobey hatch....
LOL.gif

Too late they are at the bottom of the trash can and the wife packed some disgusting stuff on top....besides she already thinks I'm crazy for posting pics of new parts...if I start posting dirty used parts she will want to send me to the boobey hatch....
LOL.gif

LOL.gif

Well if they looked like this, they are Raybestos:

http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/Detail.html?PGD1005M-1.jpg

LOL.gif

LOL.gif

Well if they looked like this, they are Raybestos:

http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/Detail.html?PGD1005M-1.jpg

Nope...different shims on the back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back