what would you consider the best 9007 bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking to upgrade my factory original 11 year old sylvania 9007 bulbs in my stratus.
i have a relay kit already installed that provides power for upto 120 watts a piece.

looking for a good bulb to fit my 9007 sockets :p

i dont mind rewiring if need be.

I have Xtravisions right now in the cav. For the impala I'm going to look for Nighthawks since Xtravisions aren't made in the 9005's.

I have run the Silverstars for some time now and like them. I haven't tried the other ones mentioned in the other replies so I don't know how they compare.

After reading this and other threads last year, I put Nighthawks in my Dodge Grand Caravan. One of them burned out recently so I am stll looking to see if there is anything better in a 9007 bulb. Anything new or better yet?

Excellent Info about bulbs on Daniel Stern's website. Toshiba HIR and Osram Silverstar bulbs seems to have excellent reviews but can only be purchased from sources online.

If you're on a budget, Sylvania XtraVision and GE NightHawk are probably the brightest bulbs without any coating such as seen on bulbs like Sylvania SilverStar's that actually reduce light but make it look more white, green, or blue. These can be purchased at most Auto parts stores and Wal Mart.

Be forewarned that none of these bulbs will last you as long as the regular, plain-jane bulbs that come from manufactures such as Sylvania, Stanley, and GE.

Last edited:
silverstars are a rip off; less light for more $$$. great marketing though.
smirk2.gif

Vison Plus or XtraVision or NightHawk.

Last edited:
Toshiba HIR lights. I got em, other guys at the office got em. Best lights I have ever spent money on. They are brighter period, end of story. Don't care if you have to go on Ebay to them.

Try em' you will be convinced. Don't waste time with Silverstars or Xtravision.

Phillips Vision Plus 50 gets my vote. I tried Silver Stars and these are much brighter. Installed them on 2 cars. Daniel Stern tells the truth about headlights. Those headlight wiring kits help too. Plus replacing the headlight lenses on my 1995 Explorer made the biggest difference. The plastic lenses really get cloudy with age and no amount of buffing/polishing will fix internal yellowing of the plastic. The combination of the 3 improvements finally made the lights almost as bright as my wife's new Lexus!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Toshiba HIR lights. I got em, other guys at the office got em. Best lights I have ever spent money on. They are brighter period, end of story. Don't care if you have to go on Ebay to them.

Try em' you will be convinced. Don't waste time with Silverstars or Xtravision.

Do the HIR fit the 9007?

The SilverStar ultras last longer than the regular Silver Stars. Great light bulbs IMHO. Cheap on eBay if you watch for them.

I have not seen one well performing 9007 setup. Poor cut off on low beam, weak high beam.

The best 9007 setup would be anything but.

Well with the excpetion of 9004. To me, 9004 is the poorest SAE lamps, 9007 the second.

9006/9005 tend to perform well, in most cases.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Toshiba HIR headlights, period. Have em' and they are awesome lights.

I wasn't aware there was an HIR 9007...... Where can I find such a beast? (And I'd REALLY like an HIR 9003, but I think I'm pressing my luck)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back